This journey is over

xelaedu

Registered Users (C)
Recieved my passport this week. 14 years later, after nearly spending half my life here :eek: I got the Golden Eagle with my picture on it :cool: and boy is it an incredible feeling :p

All of you going through this excruciating process of slow torture, hang in there and keep the hope alive. Even though it may not feel like it, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you to everyone who helped coach/answer questions and lit the path along the way. This community is just simply invaluable.

Recieved my passport this week. 14 years later, after nearly spending half my life here :eek: I got the Golden Eagle with my picture on it :cool: and boy is it an incredible feeling :p

All of you going through this excruciating process of slow torture, hang in there and keep the hope alive. Even though it may not feel like it, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you to everyone who helped coach/answer questions and lit the path along the way. This community is just simply invaluable.

Congrats! WOW!!! that's a very fast time-line.

xelaedu,

Did you use Routine Service or Expedite for your passport application ?

Thanks

Congrats xelaedu

do you know whether to sign the passport with full name , or our usual signatures ? , does it matter ?

A Big Congrats to another Member who's journey has finally come to an complete end.

I am debating now whether I should apply for a Passport which I have no need for anytime soon because I won't be traveling overseas anytime soon or whether I should wait to get that Card instead of the Passport.

I'd get the Passport and have it all done and over with.
It's the final step and *if* you ever get into a situation where you need it, you have it.

Plus, only the first time you need to submit your certificate.

Routine

xelaedu,

Did you use Routine Service or Expedite for your passport application ?

Thanks

I have no need to travel anytime soon so went with routine. However, it only took about 2.5 weeks for routine and I got my nat cert back at the same time as the passport.

Doesn't matter

Congrats xelaedu

do you know whether to sign the passport with full name , or our usual signatures ? , does it matter ?

I dont think it really matters but I am going to sign it in exactly the same way as my passport application signature and the nat cert signature.

Hello xelaedu,

Today, I Become a US Citizen !!! Very nice feeling !!! I just wanted to ask you something about applying for a passport. I applied today for a passport with Routine Service. The lady took my original Nat.Certificate, application,fees and the pictures. She took one of the pictures and she stapled at the application picture place with 4 staples. The other picture she stapled at the top of the application along with Nat.Certificate. Is it legal to staple the pictures and the Nat.Certificate? I am scared now if the pictures are not acceptable for processing just because of the staple. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Congratulations! :)

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Pictures are going to be eventually digitally scanned and printed on the passport. I don't recall how many staples were put on my application, but I remember (with certain sadness) that they stapled through my naturalization certificate. They even stapled through my kid's Green Card :eek:

I am sure you'll get your passport soon and without problems. They just like to staple things so they don't get lost. When I made the comment about stapling I got a pretty straightforward response that it is better than to lose the documents. I guess that's right. I hope eventually they get to a point where stapling is not needed. Stapling through the Green Card pretty much renders it void because it destroys the optical security area.

Congratulations! :)

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Pictures are going to be eventually digitally scanned and printed on the passport. I don't recall how many staples were put on my application, but I remember (with certain sadness) that they stapled through my naturalization certificate. They even stapled through my kid's Green Card :eek:

I am sure you'll get your passport soon and without problems. They just like to staple things so they don't get lost. When I made the comment about stapling I got a pretty straightforward response that it is better than to lose the documents. I guess that's right. I hope eventually they get to a point where stapling is not needed. Stapling through the Green Card pretty much renders it void because it destroys the optical security area.
Huracan,

Thank you very much for your explanations and help. I really appreciated that. Thats what I was thinking... Better staple it then lose it. Like you said, she even stapled on my Nat.Certificate. Thats rude. Thanks again