This is what we wait for ..

dl1cd

Registered Users (C)
This morning, saw an email notification by CRIS in my Inbox:

On November 8, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I guess this is it then.

Yes, I ave seen a lot of turmoil:

- RFE upon RFE (tech downturn)
- Issues renewing driver's license
- Being afraid at re-entry with AP
- Retrogression
- Out of retrogression, but out of visa numbers
- RFE for spouse and kid
- Stuck in name check for close to 3 years (and the resulting struggle)
- Thick file of documents, old EADs, old APs

It is indeed a sense of relief .. and this portal has been a lifeline at times.

For all who are still waiting, I will say a prayer. Hang in there, find a hobby, do something useful .. don't let this seemingly infinite wait daunt you or pull you down.

Best of luck to us all!

Saludos!

Sure ..

indio0617 said:
Congratulations ! Can you provide your PD, category and timeline.

Thanks

EB2, RIR, Feb 2001 PD
Labor - Jan 2003
140, 485 - Apr 2003
FP1 - Sep 2003
FP2 - Apr 2005
Biometrics - May 2005
Second Biometrics - June 2005
Retrogression - Oct 2005
PD current - Feb 2006
INFOPASS - March 2006 -----> NAMECHECK!!! :mad:
Manouevre NameCheck
Out of Name check - May 2006
RFE number 3 - June 2006
Aug - Sep 2006 - Visa numbers exhausted
Nov 1, 2006 - Status inquiry
Nov 2, 2006 - Letter from USCIS stating "under review, 45-60 days needed"
Nov 9,2006 - Email from USCIS CRIS

Welcome letter arrives ..

LUD reflects that they sent me welcome letter - the letter dated 11/9 arrives on 11/13 ad the CRIS sends an email that says "If you have not received a letter within 30 dyas ...", which actually arrives after the welcome letter came.

In the letter, they state that the card would arrive in the next 3 weeks. So, 11/29? Or is it one of those "Currently it is taking between xxx and yyy days to process an application of this type"? Hope not .. else, the light at the end of the tunnel would really be an on rushing train ... aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

My lawyers (God bless that tribe) are still hoping to file for an EAD/AP "cause you are nore sure until you have the card in your hands" .. I smell some greenbacks about to change hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!
I am glad I am checking this;
Darn. I've received an e-mail as well saying that the 'welcome' letter has been mailed (althought I haven't received it yet) and 'a new card has been ordered'.

The problem is that my EAD expires on March 2007. It really sucks if I have to file for an extension and spend money at this point. In addition I will be traveling on vacation Dec 16th for Christmas and I hope my I would have my GC mailed by then - although I can still get in with AP.

dl1cd said:
LUD reflects that they sent me welcome letter - the letter dated 11/9 arrives on 11/13 ad the CRIS sends an email that says "If you have not received a letter within 30 dyas ...", which actually arrives after the welcome letter came.

In the letter, they state that the card would arrive in the next 3 weeks. So, 11/29? Or is it one of those "Currently it is taking between xxx and yyy days to process an application of this type"? Hope not .. else, the light at the end of the tunnel would really be an on rushing train ... aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

My lawyers (God bless that tribe) are still hoping to file for an EAD/AP "cause you are nore sure until you have the card in your hands" .. I smell some greenbacks about to change hands.

it is supposedly quicker these days

marlon2006 said:
Congrats!
Darn. I've received an e-mail as well saying that the 'welcome' letter has been mailed (althought I haven't received it yet) and 'a new card has been ordered'.

The problem is that my EAD expires on March 2007. It really sucks if I have to file for an extension and spend money at this point. In addition I will be traveling on vacation Dec 16th for Christmas and I hope my I would have my GC mailed by then - although I can still get in with AP.

the physical card should arrive before you leave on vacation - they are faster now than they were a year back. But in case you want to set up a cut off date for EAD/AP, please do so. Mine expire in April - and my lawyers already have approval to file for the next round - so I guess I would be providing another set of autographs to them / USCIS in about a month. But I really hope that the card arrives by the end of this month --- unless there is suddenly a shortage of plastic, or ink, or the machinery malfunctions, or the mail system develops a snag, or ...

Marlon2006 Congratualtion on you approval again . But We miss u buddy in the forum.

marlon2006 said:
Congrats!

Hey, but how about that idea that one could visit the USCIS office and get a kind of a form/stamp on the passport showing that you have permanent residency approval? I think I heard something about that before...

dl1cd said:
the physical card should arrive before you leave on vacation - they are faster now than they were a year back. But in case you want to set up a cut off date for EAD/AP, please do so. Mine expire in April - and my lawyers already have approval to file for the next round - so I guess I would be providing another set of autographs to them / USCIS in about a month. But I really hope that the card arrives by the end of this month --- unless there is suddenly a shortage of plastic, or ink, or the machinery malfunctions, or the mail system develops a snag, or ...

The card arrives in the mail ..

It is not green, as you probably already know, but off-white on the front, with a high-tech mirrored section on the back and emblazoned on the front and back are "Permanent Resident Card"

I guess NSC is trying hard to make up for several years of feet dragging.

I need to celebrate this event. Suggestions welcome.
(Can't take a day off though).

I sincerely hope for a reform and an end to this mind-numbing, lost-in-the-woods feeling for my long suffering friends in the line.

I would recommend taking a month off, if you cannot take a day off:); Congratulations & Good Luck!!!
dl1cd said:
It is not green, as you probably already know, but off-white on the front, with a high-tech mirrored section on the back and emblazoned on the front and back are "Permanent Resident Card"

I sincerely hope for a reform and an end to this mind-numbing, lost-in-the-woods feeling for my long suffering friends in the line.

For me, I already booked tickets to my home country and taking two friends with me. It will be fun for sure.

dl1cd said:

Almost Identical Details

Marlon2006, it looks like we have almost identical details. Similar PD, RD, etc... I am freakin anxious to have my I-485 approved and get my stuff done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

Can you take the third one (me :) )

Insted of worry here for PD becomes current. I want go some where else not worry. I can't even concontrate on work.

marlon2006 said:
For me, I already booked tickets to my home country and taking two friends with me. It will be fun for sure.