This is what I heard...

gc80

Registered Users (C)
This is what I heard from very reliable sources - If you are concurrent filler AND if your I-140/I-485 ND is earlier than the current processing dates AND if your I-140 has not yet approved AND if there is no RFE on I-140 AND if you have completed your FP then you are one lucky fellow, expect you I-140/I-485 anytime next month!!

Did USCIS start the concurrent filing of 140/485 in Feb 2002 or earlier? If so then what you say might be true.

Hope you are ...

Hope you are right.
ND for my 140 is in mid 2002.
Filed 485 in Sept.

RFE generated on my and my spouse 485 applications on 04.28.

Don't know what that RFE is.

We all would appreciate very much if you could divulge more about this relaible info. You do not have to name the source, you can just state a reference such as the place the person is working. Is this source a USCIS IIO? If this person is a the contracted call center rep, please forget this sort of info as a rumor. If this person is ur lawyer, well they are paid to keep ur spirits up so that you can hold out longer!
Also, there are thousands in this portal who can infer such info from the way the wind is blowing and do not need reliable sources for such good but sketchy info.
Please provide more data about this info such as service centers, time frame when action would start etc.
Also thanks for the good info and I am sure it will lift a lot of spirits. But there are hardened skeptics who need more data :)
Thanks

Originally posted by gc80
This is what I heard from very reliable sources - If you are concurrent filler AND if your I-140/I-485 ND is earlier than the current processing dates AND if your I-140 has not yet approved AND if there is no RFE on I-140 AND if you have completed your FP then you are one lucky fellow, expect you I-140/I-485 anytime next month!!

OK, something does not sound right in this statement: "If you are concurrent filler AND if your I-140/I-485 ND is earlier than the current processing dates..."

The concurrent filing of I-140/I-485 was introduced in July 2002.

Current processing date for VSC: I-485 is Feb 15, 2002. Most of the I-140s have processing dates in 2003 and 2004.

So we see a huge gap between the processing dates of I-485 and I-140.

Which 'processing dates' are you referring to?

Is your so-called reliable source the Ohata Memo from CIS, issued on Mar 31?
Read it here:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

The source is one of my friend's lawyer, I dont know how much truth this has but he thinks his lawyer is quite conservative and would not tell anything like that (obviously my fried is going to benefit from this is thats the case.) The processing date referred here is I-140 processing date which is around July 2003 at VCS.

Alright

Well, in this case, I am on the wrong side and therefore going to suffer more.
But, My best of luck for the guys who do get the benefit.
Now BCIS is going to discriminate on the basis of concurrent and non-concurrent.
Something is better than nothing.

if this is true, I just missed it by 11 days :(
My I 140 was approved on Apr 19th.

Unless the lawyer you mentioned has any inside info, I am sure about the validity of the statement . We will wait for another month to see the results.

Please also post once your friend gets his approvels for both 140 and 485

:)

Hope for the best, as always

Hey,
It seems 3-400 guys got their I-140 approved this month.:) .
Guess how they would feel now getting this news. I am one of them just like you.
How do you know when something has happened right for you or wrong for you.:p
With BCIS, we always end on the loosing side.:D

Well have fun.

Guys, this is first time i am posting something in 485 forum, My attorny shared this info with me, before i start I would like to make sure that according to him this info is no inside info but his interpretation of the memo,

here is what he reads between lines.

1. if your case is filed concurrently and i-140 is not touhed yet, there is no RFE on I-140, there is no RFE on 485 then you may fall under this category.

2. First thing they would do is to pick you i-485 from where ever it is right now and would make one package of that, this package would be placed on JIT based on i-140 processing date, so lets say that case is filed on Sep 20th, current i-140 date is Aug 6 th, based on this this case can be on JIt in next 40 days.

3. So now officer goes and picks your package from JIT and ouches 485 first and see if he has FP and name clear report for you, if he has then he would procees your i-140 and 485, if there is any RFE on any of them, it would be issued, if FP is not done yet, officer would schedule FP for you and would keep package on hold (he is not sure how they would do it as according to him FP thing is done by some kind of s/w and human interection is allowed), once you FP and name checks come, they would again process your case.

Once again this is his interpretation of memo and not internal info
but he added couple of points here, these are his thoughts.

1. He has a doubt that they may actually go ahead and work on existing backlog first, so to approve all existing 485's where i-140 is approved, he has no info regarding this but he thinks that there might be additional documentation regarding this as it just does not make any sense to keep old guys hanging and working on new guys, he logic is that they are trying to clear backlog and to keep people happy, they would not be able to do this unless old backlog is cleared in proper way, again this is what he thimks from his expereince.

2. he thinks that since i-140 and i-485 would be put together and all those resources dedicated to concurrently filed 485's would be free, they may use those resources to work on old 485s where i-140 is approved and 485 is hanging in the air, he thinks there is a high chance that there might be rain of approvals for old 485s.

3. exisiting i140 resources and h1b resources might be working on i-140+485 packages.

4. according to him people who filed solo and have not got i-140 approved y et might be in real fix, he thinks this is uscis's passive effort to force people to go fo concurrent, there would be lot of people pulling solo apps and may go for concurrent, he thinks, word "solo filing" may be h istory vary soon.

5. on thing which he told me, and he said that I can consider this as internal info, uscis has offerd officers to work on weekend with extra salary, not sure though if many officer would like to do so.

6. According to him, 2 months back, when apr and may i-140's were being processed, he saw 50% cases getiing RFE , those RFE were like crap RFEs andf 90% of those cases got approved, according to him, this was just an effort from USCIS to get some free time, plan resources and clear some old cases, again he is just talking from his expereince.

7.ONE THING WHICH BOTHERS HIM IS THAT THEY CAN NOT ISSUE MORE THEN 140,000 GC IN A YEAR, SO THERE IS AGAIN CHANCE THAT NEW FILERS (LATE 2003 AND EARLY 2004) MAY NOT GET WHAT THEY WANT TO GET IN THIS YEAR, BUT AGAIN THIS IS WHAT HE THINKS.

--------------------

KI worte here what ever i heard from him, i have no intetion to guide or misguide some one, it is just that i wanted to share this with every one and also I wanna see what you guys think abt this info he gave me..

thx a nd good luck...

summary

I have summaries the messages as:

(a). Non- concurrent 485 regular processing will be done as usual

Concurrent :

(b) Applied before July ?? 2003 will be processed in the queue with the above (a)
(c) Applied after July ?? 2003 will be process (ie both 140 & 485 together) in a separate (JIT) queue (what does JIT stand for?)

(PS .One point that I noticed is that my 140 was end of July and I just got approved BUT did not receive FP notice yet! I was always continuously looking at the forums and the spread sheet and noticed that BCIS had not send out FP notices Infact I understand that they will only send FP notice after 140 approval and just before touching 485 file. Hence there was no FP approval after July ?? 2003.)

(d) File I-140 only – Their case will remain in limbo.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there anyone whose 485 file has been touched who has filed somewhere after July 2003?

I know people who concurrently filed in May/June 2003 and received FP but hav'nt got there I-140 approved yet. And yes their I-485 'Last updated date' is updated almost daily including Sundays!

to gc80

my I-140 (VSC ND jun 03 2003) got approved on April 5, 2004 and my I-485 'Last updated date' is updated almost daily including Sundays! Dont know if this is good or bad

Re: to gc80

Originally posted by 7thyearext
my I-140 (VSC ND jun 03 2003) got approved on April 5, 2004 and my I-485 'Last updated date' is updated almost daily including Sundays! Dont know if this is good or bad

When did you do your FP? and what I-485 msg says?

I-485 'Last updated date'

What is I-485 'Last updated date' ? where do you get this information???

Also if it's updated daily does it mean that the files are being touched or the cases are moving?

Does anyone know of any 485 cases of mid-2003 getting RFE or approved?

Thanks,

RC