This is the DAY!

ned

Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 2, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Finally, after 12 long years and no less than 6 EADs it is finally done.

Last edited by a moderator:
ned said:
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 2, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulations!!!! you should celebrate this weekend.

Congrats ...

ned said:

ned,

It has been a momentus battle for you. I am so glad you are done with this process. I can't believe it took so many years and 6 EADs but the best part is that its all done now. There is after all a light at the end of this tunnel.

Enjoy the freedom and make the most of it.

PS - I am currently on my 4th EAD and will apply for my 5th soon. Wonder if I will beat you record of 6 EADs :) :)

cheers,

saras

Congratulations..

Hello Ned,
My hearty congratulations to you......Man, that shilt load of waiting....you beat the records of everybody....;-)
-Sri

saras76 said:
ned,

It has been a momentus battle for you. I am so glad you are done with this process. I can't believe it took 12 years and 6 EADs but the best part is that its all done now. There is after all a light at the end of this tunnel.

Enjoy the freedom and make the most of it.

PS - I am currently on my 4th EAD and will apply for my 5th soon. Wonder if I will beat you record of 6 EADs :) :)

cheers,

saras

Thanks guys! The loooooong wait sure is over.
BTW, do I still have to do passport stamping or the card will be mailed automatically?

Automatic

ned said:
BTW, do I still have to do passport stamping or the card will be mailed automatically?

ned,

You do not have to do passport stamping. If your code 3 Biometric is complete then they will send over the GC immediately. If its not done or has expired then they will send you an appointment notice and once the Bio is complete and received in their system, you wil receive the card.

regards,

saras

ned...congrats....

kindly can you share with us ur case history..like EB category and when did you gave your last FP and what code

pallu2004 said:
ned...congrats....

kindly can you share with us ur case history..like EB category and when did you gave your last FP and what code

Good question for which I've no definit answer. I'm NIW petition so I'm prob EB3 my last FP was 9/06 and I've no clue what code it is.

ned said:

Count from your I-485 RD instead of your PD. So, it should be almost 5 years though it is longer enough. Have you ever been subject to the visa retrogression during your I-485 pending?

Congratulations Ned. It only took 1768 days! :eek:

pallu2004 said:
ned...congrats....

Some of Ned's date's are in the tracker spreadsheet. See my signature for a link.

Code 3 Bio

ned said:
Thanks Saras. What is code 3 Biometric ?

ned,

A code 3 bio metric is a type of FP in which they take your FP (all ten fingers), FP of your index finger, your picture and your signature. The index finer, picture and signature are for the physical GC. This step used to be done during PP stamping but now they do it during code 3 FP. If you have already done this then the card is probably on its way. If not then you will soon receieve a code 3 Bio notice. Its just a formality.

regards,

saras

Ned

ned said:
Congratulations, veteran. You really don't need a passport stamping because these days your card comes within 4 days of approval. Enjoy your triumph as your journey took too long to finish. After all the old adage goes, "finis coronat opus," ("the end crowns the work").

I applaud your longanimity and sangfroid. Way to go!

Congratulations!!!

Ned!!!

congratulation, enjoy your freedom.....

to let you all know i am on my 4th EAD & AP which expires on october this year....

let see how many more EAD i need to renew....

magic_mail said:
Ned!!!

congratulation, enjoy your freedom.....

to let you all know i am on my 4th EAD & AP which expires on october this year....

let see how many more EAD i need to renew....
Ha! You have applied four EAD/APs. Your annual financial burden will soon be increased greatly if the USCIS fee increase becomes effective.

USCIS fee increase

immiq said:
Ha! You have applied four EAD/APs. Your annual financial burden will soon be increased greatly if the USCIS fee increase becomes effective.
It depends. According to USCIS, they are proposing to eliminate fees for interim benefits. Meaning you only pay once for all EAD/APs while you I-485 case is pending. Since they are doubling the fees, if one's case will be pending more than three years, he actually pays less for EAD/APs.

Update!

Current Status: Card Mailed

On February 6, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

ned said:
Update!

Current Status: Card Mailed

On February 6, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Hi,

My I-485 was approved today. Took less than 5 months at TSC. Thanks to all you guys.

Arydk