This is lal-called IIO today

lal

Registered Users (C)
hello,

just want to share my experience to those who are also still waiting for their i485 to be approved.

my case:
RD 10/6/00
FP 2/10/01
EAD + AP received.
EB3

1) called on middle of March, officer said FP received on 2/17/01, has been assigned to the proper department, but not to officer yet. approx take 60 to 90 days to be processed after the FP, but may take even longer.
2) called today, 4/6/01, officer said FP received, and expires in 15 months\' time. Said that my case looks good, so "don\'t worry, we will notify you by letter." However, that department has a huge backlog and my case has not been assigned to officer yet. Said approx 6 to 8 wks to be assigned at the most, can even be sooner, so never know. However the case might be at the bottom of the stack ( or top) on the officers\' desk...

Still waiting!!! I am so envious of all you lucky ones who have your I485s approved!!! Anyway I wish that the rest of us good luck, and hope the INS will work harder.

lee

No Title

I also talked with IIO to check whether they received my FP results from FBI. The person with whom I talked was so nice and she intially thought that my FP was scheduled only on 4/21 but when I told her that I did it on 3/23, she checked and said that everything looks good and would be receiving your approval by mail. What does that mean?Ho much does it normally take after they receive FPs from FBI?Can someone tell me what would happen next.

Thanks.

No Title

Hello Lal:
The heading was good. There is a small flaw in this newsgroup - it does not show the name of the person posting the question.

I am still waiting. I did my second FP last week but still have not called. I am sure if i call i will get the same reply you got. Do you think it might have anything to do with RFE at the i-140 stage? (me and lal were both subject to a RFE at the i-140 stage requiring tax documents from the employer, on producing them we were cleared - even though we both are from different countries, different PD, our dates with i-140 and 485 have been similar and both the cases have not been approved as fast as we see others on the board.)

I am seeing approval for people who did FP back in oct and nov now. So let\'s just hope that INS will get our cases soon.

Thanks for the update "lal" and keep us posted.

Good luck