THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

metal_guy

I CAME TO USA TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER SO THAT MY CHILDREN WILL AND SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE ALL THE HARDSHIPS I HAD UNGONE. I ALWAYS BELIEVED BY WORKING HARD AND BEING CORRECT WILL LEAD ME THROUGH MY TOUGH TIMES HERE. I HAD WAITED FOR A LONG TIME FOR MY GC AND AS DAYS GOES I’M LOSING HOPE. MY FAMILY IS SLOWLY MOVING TOWARDS BREAKUP. I HAD CRIED ALMOST EVERYDAY FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS TRYING TO AVOID MY FAMILY BREAK UP. BUT THIS UNWANTED DREAM SEEMS TO BE COMING THROUGH. TODAY I HAVE DECIDED TO GO BACK AND SAVE MY FAMILY THAN JUST WAIT AROUND HERE FOR THESE NON-SENSITIVE, NON-FAMILY VALUED PEOPLE TO APPROVE MY CASE.

THESE PEOPLE FORGET THAT THEY WERE ONCE IMMIGRANTS TOO.

BYE TO ALL AND HOPE YOU ALL GET WHAT YOU ALL DESIRE.

Hey man, best wishes to you and ur family

u'd man. I totally understand your feeling and consistently wondering if the damn gc is worthy this torture.

Originally posted by metalguy
I CAME TO USA TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER SO THAT MY CHILDREN WILL AND SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE ALL THE HARDSHIPS I HAD UNGONE. I ALWAYS BELIEVED BY WORKING HARD AND BEING CORRECT WILL LEAD ME THROUGH MY TOUGH TIMES HERE. I HAD WAITED FOR A LONG TIME FOR MY GC AND AS DAYS GOES I’M LOSING HOPE. MY FAMILY IS SLOWLY MOVING TOWARDS BREAKUP. I HAD CRIED ALMOST EVERYDAY FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS TRYING TO AVOID MY FAMILY BREAK UP. BUT THIS UNWANTED DREAM SEEMS TO BE COMING THROUGH. TODAY I HAVE DECIDED TO GO BACK AND SAVE MY FAMILY THAN JUST WAIT AROUND HERE FOR THESE NON-SENSITIVE, NON-FAMILY VALUED PEOPLE TO APPROVE MY CASE.

Good luck! hope everything works out for you.

Metalguy, Best of luck for your domestic issues.
It does get hard sometimes and stress seems to only add to the problem. I suggest, don't stress for the GC if you are prepaired to go back anyway.
If possible, just prepare for the long haul and work here. If you are on 485, your spouse can work here if she wants, same with GC. If home sickness is the issue, maybe they can go back for 2-3 months and see how it goes. Maybe in the meantime, you will get your GC.

Also discuss the issues of returning vs staying for some more time here with your family.
You anyway have the option to return when you want.

Point is in case you plan to go back, you can anytime. If you change your mind later on, you will be back by a couple of years.
If nothing works and the only way you see is by going back, then do it and best of luck.

Hi Metalguy,
I am sorry to hear about your problems and decision. Wish you all the best. All these days i was thinking that, GC delays causes only financial worries and other minor problems. Now i understand that these delays are causing tensions in families too.
I sincerely hope that you will get your GC in the next 1 month.
Good Luck.

Don't give up hope

Listen big guy, all is not lost. If your family is back home pay them a visit...console them and come back. You are in the final stages of your green card. All this struggle and hardship will bear fruit once you have something firm in your hands. This is the price for freedom in this country. Going back to India is not a bad idea, but if you are not able to moniteraly support your family the way you do right now, they will still break up. Either way you cannot change destiny. If i were you, i would be patient and finish this grueling process. If you need to talk to someone, call me.

Hope things turn out to be well for you. Nothig matters other than peace of mind and you have to find it in yourself.

My best wishes are with you

San_1 and Indian_in_usa have already given their best advice. By the way, Are you not processing GC for your family ? Post your details.

RD : Jul 2002.
ND : Jul 2002.
FP : Sep 2002.

Buddy best of luck.
I have thought myself is the tortue of GC worth it at all. I have been in US 10+ years and still waiting- 2 Masters degrees, high paying jobs jobs in large companies. The process is completely broke.
:mad:

Be Patient!!!

I totally agree with INDIAN_IN_USA. Just be patient. You have been waiting for a long time. It won't hurt to wait for few more weeks or even months.

I know how you feel but there is nothing we can do about it. I have to get frustrated and think the same like you. Just try to be strong man and get over this by doing anything different. Go away with your family to some quite place to relax.

Because of theGC, I had my blood preassue reached to 190/160!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO SHOW MORE STRENGTH AND DON'T BE WIMPY

Enjoy your life and that's it....

:D :D :D

Please be patient

We understand how you feel. It is obvious that some people do not appreciate the value we place on our families. I suggest that you get your AP as a backup and hope that there is no RFE while you are back home

metalguy,

We all are slowly moving towards the same situation as yours. But the lucky ones get approvals or better job to survive and thus nobody feels the pain you have felt. Nothing is important than a family and being well yourself having peaceful mind and healthy body.

Try to come back with AP ONLY if you can! Listen to your soul and Pray for help to give you enough strength.

Whatever decision you take, I wish the best for you and your family.

Originally posted by metalguy

I don't understand how the GC process affects family issues. There should be something more than that. You were not very specific as to what exactly your family problem is. I don't want to sound very crude, but what I think is that you always have a choice. If you are past 180 days in your GC process, you are free to change jobs. If you can't find a job and if you are from India, going back is not a bad option at all.

If you want to fight the system which is incredibly inefficient why don't you join our efforts. If you get emotionally tied to the GC process, you are torturing yourself.

Metalguy - Please read. ( excuse spelling mistakes if any)

Dear Metalguy,

First of all you should realize that, re-location to different country is not that easy. It involves changes in lifestyle, financial status, social status, associations, friends and certainly has an impact on family. Naturally, journey to GC is painful. The first and foremost is loss of self respect. We should bear it and continue with the employer, even if they are exploiting you. They play with your income numbers and you have to stay cool. It is not the loss of money that is important but it is the feeling of “losing” that hurts. Employer always wins just because of his position not because of what he is. This is just like the situation of “slaves” as per me. I suffered hell for 3 years like this. However, my pain is negligible compared to what many others have endured. However, I still feel that the GC Journey has reduced a lot of my capabilities due to the constant depression like situation – continued over an extended period of time.

In addition to this, BCIS is a completely insensitive organization. There is no particular rule which dictates the approvals. Each one’s experience is unique experience. Not only BCIS, if you see the driving license renewal/issue experiences, they are unique too. All government departments are like this here, which adds to our confusion and despair. Yet you have to sail through. Likewise, there are many issues that arise on a day to day basis.

Now, after going through 80% of all this, you should not turn back and give up. For your children, you will set the example that they can give up at any stage of accomplishing a task. My suggestion to you is that you should not aim for something you cannot do. And if you have aimed at something, you should not give up at any cost.

When Sachin Tendulkar heard that he lost his father, he was playing a circket match. He could have gotten out or gotten hurt or just have walked out of the stadium immediately. However , he completed his mission and he did it well too. That should be the spirit.

You have to go to India explain your family what GC is to you and your family, convince them and get their co-operation. That is the additional task at hand for you. Not to give up the existing task of achieving GC. If you want to go back, then I recommend that you get your GC and go back. That way, you will set a good example for your children and that is a better achievement than just going back.

Good luck!

However, remember that stress and tensions follow where ever you go. It may be prudent to look into what your family is exactly demanding of you rather than blaming all of it on GC. I wish you good luck.

Well said Dry Ice Metal guy fight back just dont loose ,we are all together in this ,if GC meant so much too you ,that u put your life in this situation and went to the extent of facing such a lot of hardship ,then make every bit of torcher which u faced worthy by fighting till the end and not running away from it....life will certainly treat u well .

Dear Metal Guy.

We are really sorry to hear that, as all these GURU's says has a meaning, if you are in 485 then defintely you waited a long time don't drop it now! may be send your family for couple of months(Denpending on your situation). I would suggest be patient for couple of days! Green Card is Worh to get it. Well Life is not Just a green Card!!!!. I defintely totally agree, if we are usatisfied for some t hing, it is hard to enjoy our life! (Not all the people). it's True There is WONDERFUL LIFE over to enjoy before we get old.

THX
prasad

Thx