Things to do before Interview (Chennai)

A Wait

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I am just charting the tasks to do before interview. Add or modify it. Let us keep this thread alive.

1). Get the immigration photos from Konica lab in the Landmark bookstore building. (it is near the Consulate). I believe it is called Apex plaza.

2). From there you can goto Lister Lab in Nungambakkam. Catch an auto and go there. Show them your interview appointment letter. They will know what to do. Documnets to take with you when you goto lister lab:
a). Interview Appointment letter - original.
b). Passport
c). 4 passport size color photograph
d). Rs. 5000 per person
e). proof of any previous vaccinations.
f). medical exam cover letter. (you can get it from Chennai Consul website)

Lister Laboratories
Corporate Services Division
13, Old Number 6 Jagannathan road
Nungambakkam Chennai - 600 034
Ph: 8222561; 8222562 Fax: 8258242
Medical test hours: 8:00 to 10:30AM Mon thru Sat
Test Results Pickup: 5:30 to 6:30PM mon thru sat

3). Get the lister results and go to Dr. Vijayalakshmi. (It is preferable to get an appointment by calling them). Show them the appointment letter and the lister lab results. Also take with you proof of any previous vaccinations. Documnets to take with you when you goto Doctor\'s office:
b). Passport
d). Rs. 5000 per person
Dr. Vijayalakshmi
Padma Nursing Home
753 Poonamalee High road
Kilpauk Chennai - 600 010
Ph: 641-3445; 641-3446
Hours of Operation: 10 AM to 4PM Mon thru Sat.

4). Get two DDs payable to American Consulate General, at Chennai from any Nationalized Bank. One DD for Rs. 12480 and another one for Rs.3120. In the back of the DD, write your name, case number and passport number.

No Title

I guess it\'s better to go to konica after lister. Because you will have lot of time after lister tests are completed before picking their results. Also you don\'t need to take any prior vaccination records to lister. But it helps taking them to Dr.Vijayalakshmi. Also you can request a same day appointment from Dr.vijayalakshmi. In that case you have to go to the Nursing home directly from lister, after picking up the reports. Hope this helps.

Timeline

It would be great if we can do everything at once. Don\'t you need to take immigration style photograph to lister and doctor? That is why i put konica first. I have also heard that any passport size color photo is fine for lister and to doctor. I am not sure how for that is true. Any body who have done it, please let us know.

Also Lister says they will give the results only in the evening (from Chennai Consul website). In that case, how is it possible to have everything done at once.

We already had our medical examinations done here ...do we need to have them done again in chennai?

My spouse applied for 485 and I applied for CP. While applying for 485 we had our medicals done.
When we go for CP do we have to get them done all over again OR is it enough if we just take the reports and have them evaluated?

Also I keep hearing Dr. Vijayalakshmi, is it okay if we have it done from our City\'s doc?
Need your inputs. Thanks!

No Title

1). Get the immigration photos from Konica lab in the Landmark bookstore building. (it is near the Consulate). I believe it is called Apex plaza.
A) Opposite to chola sheraton you have a konica lab where the guy over there have got idea how the immigration photos should look like. so its better to go there and if you can wait for half an hour you will get the photos. actually what you can do is once you complete the lister labs stuff go to this studio and complete the work and you have ample time to collect the reports in lister labs after 4.30 in the evening.

2). From there you can goto Lister Lab in Nungambakkam. Catch an auto and go there. Show them your interview appointment letter. They will know what to do. Documnets to take with you when you goto lister lab:
b). Passport
d). Rs. 5000 per person

Lister Laboratories
Corporate Services Division
13, Old Number 6 Jagannathan road
Nungambakkam Chennai - 600 034
Ph: 8222561; 8222562 Fax: 8258242
Medical test hours: 8:00 to 10:30AM Mon thru Sat
Test Results Pickup: 5:30 to 6:30PM mon thru sat
A) you dont need 4 photos for lister labs you just need one passport size photo per person when you are going for lister labs. and the fee in lister labs is not 5000, its only 600 per person.you need passport. but you dont need any medical examination covering letter to carry with you they will give you the letter, why do you want to take the pain of filling the forms and taking with you.take a photo with you and it will take a minute to fill the form in your lister lab. so take it easy.

3). Get the lister results and go to Dr. Vijayalakshmi. (It is preferable to get an appointment by calling them). Show them the appointment letter and the lister lab results. Also take with you proof of any previous vaccinations. Documnets to take with you when you goto Doctor\'s office:
b). Passport
d). Rs. 5000 per person
Dr. Vijayalakshmi
Padma Nursing Home
753 Poonamalee High road
Kilpauk Chennai - 600 010
Ph: 641-3445; 641-3446
Hours of Operation: 10 AM to 4PM Mon thru Sat.

A)no need of 4 photos one is required. rs 5000 is not required its only 450 per person and if you are taking one vaccination you just need another 150 rs per person. dont take pain of taking vaccinations here it hardly takes half an hour or 45 minutes for the doctor to check physical and to give vaccinations. dont worry too much about collecting documents. and you dont need any form to fill because the doctor will fill the form you are not going to fill the form. only thing you need to take to the doctor is the report from listerlabs.

4). Get two DDs payable to American Consulate General, at Chennai from any Nationalized Bank. One DD for Rs. 12480 and another one for Rs.3120. In the back of the DD, write your name, case number and passport number.
A) everything looks fine. and more dd you have to take which is on the name of bluedart for 250 + 50 for each person. suppose if you and your wife are attending the interview, you have to take 250 + 50 for you + 50 for your wife which will be a total of 350rs

You need to take around 4000 for medicals per person. I dont think 450 + 150 per vaccination is enou

It cost Rs 2200 for me with two vaccinations.

No Title

Do we need 3 dds (250, 50, 50) in favor of Blue Dart) seperately or just one dd for Rs.350 is ok....?

TC, ra7, TestURLuck and all friends

From this discussion, I am hearing that it is better to goto lister lab first and then goto Konica near Chola Sheraton and then goto lister to pick up the results. Finally to Dr. Vijayalakshmi.

Now i have a question for you:
When do we need photo for Lister? -the first trip or the second trip. If photos are needed in the first trip, then we need to goto Konica first. Unless you can give any other passport size photo to lister and then the immigration style photo from Konica to Dr. Vijayalakshmi. Please Clarify....

Lister and Dr. need one passport photo each. Consulate need 4 Immigration style.

So, you can just take any photo to lister. And then goto Konica for Immigration style photos. That is why everybody is suggesting to goto to studio after Lab. Plus you have more time after the Lab. If you do not have any photos, you may have to go to studio first.

No Title

Superman is Right. You only need passport photos for lister and Doctor appointment. If you don\'t have passport photos then you might need to go to konica first.

Question on DD\'s?

If the applicant is married than we should take two DD\'s each in the amounts of 12480 and 3120. Please clarify.
Thanks.

Yes. two separate DDs. Except Blue Dart DD.

If you are married, you need 5 DDs:
Two application Fee DDs (You, & Your wife); Two Issuance Fee DDs; And One Blue Dart DD (For both).