They lost all my supporting documents!!! What to do now??

Ckmom

I applied for a passport and included all of these ORIGINAL supporting documents in my application:

-Father’s certificate of citizenship
-Parent’s marriage certificate
-My birth certificate
-My permanent resident card
-High School diploma

I got a letter in the mail from Department of State requesting for

-school records
-Birth certificate

I already submitted the original and authenticated documents they are asking. Now they want those within 90 days and there is no way I can generate those documents within that timeframe especially when THEY HAVE IT because it was submitted to them.

Attachments

• 149AE56F-1382-47F2-91DB-8D8D47A14B00.jpeg
    149AE56F-1382-47F2-91DB-8D8D47A14B00.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 10
That’s weird...
I submitted less info and got approved right away.

I submitted:
-My birth certificate
-My permanent resident card (EXPIRED CARD)

I have several questions... regarding PARENTS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and BIRTH CERTIFICATE
You were obviously not born in the US.

1st Question: Were the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE documents authenticates and stamp with a seal, from your country of Birth? (I know u answered this but, I’m asking to go to next questions)

2nd Question: Were your parents married in the UNITED STATES or YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH?

3rd Question: Since you state you sent the original documents... were those documents directly from YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH and in their language?

That’s weird...
I submitted less info and got approved right away.

I submitted:
-My birth certificate
-My permanent resident card (EXPIRED CARD)

I have several questions... regarding PARENTS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and BIRTH CERTIFICATE
You were obviously not born in the US.

1st Question: Were the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE documents authenticates and stamp with a seal, from your country of Birth? (I know u answered this but, I’m asking to go to next questions)

2nd Question: Were your parents married in the UNITED STATES or YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH?

3rd Question: Since you state you sent the original documents... were those documents directly from YOUR COUNTRY OF BIRTH and in their language?

Thank you for your response, to answer your questions..

1. Both documents are authenticated and stamped from my country of birth

2. They were married in my birth country, not in the US.

3. Both documents were originally acquired from my birth country and it is both in their language and in English.

I was able to get copies of both of these documents from the website they provided in the letter. It should get here in 6-8weeks. So I’m BARELY making the deadline.

I also, went to the USPS location where I did my passport application and the lady worker told me that I wasn’t the first to go back and verify if all my documents were sent. She said, the Department of State looses these very important documents all the time and they never take responsibility for it. In her own words, “They will deny and deny that they lost it and say you never turned it in which is ridiculous because we do your application here and we won’t turn it in if it is incomplete. We staple everything together and send it to them. We do not keep any files here. We just process the application.”

Ridiculous indeed. If they ask for these original documents they should understand how important these documents are and have a system in place so they don’t keep losing them.

I also called the generic 800 number listed on travel.gov for any questions regarding my application and the lady was no help at all. Told me she will put in a note for the Department of State to contact me and that I should expect a call from them in 10-14 business days.

Yea they will need 10-14 business days to figure out a lie because they don’t know what happened to all my documents. I am so frustrated.

Thank you for your response, to answer your questions..

1. Both documents are authenticated and stamped from my country of birth

2. They were married in my birth country, not in the US.

3. Both documents were originally acquired from my birth country and it is both in their language and in English.

I was able to get copies of both of these documents from the website they provided in the letter. It should get here in 6-8weeks. So I’m BARELY making the deadline.

I also, went to the USPS location where I did my passport application and the lady worker told me that I wasn’t the first to go back and verify if all my documents were sent. She said, the Department of State looses these very important documents all the time and they never take responsibility for it. In her own words, “They will deny and deny that they lost it and say you never turned it in which is ridiculous because we do your application here and we won’t turn it in if it is incomplete. We staple everything together and send it to them. We do not keep any files here. We just process the application.”

Ridiculous indeed. If they ask for these original documents they should understand how important these documents are and have a system in place so they don’t keep losing them.

I also called the generic 800 number listed on travel.gov for any questions regarding my application and the lady was no help at all. Told me she will put in a note for the Department of State to contact me and that I should expect a call from them in 10-14 business days.

Yea they will need 10-14 business days to figure out a lie because they don’t know what happened to all my documents. I am so frustrated.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Since on the letter attached it doesn’t say they lost them. I was thinking the reason they were asking for them again is because they either weren’t in English, or no certified translation was done.

That is definitely a frustration. But the good thing is they didn’t loose the CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP, we all know how much it cost and long process to replace that.

Hope everything comes out good. I’m sure you will get approve right away, just as long as they don’t loose them again!!!

Keep us updated!