They didn't get my oath reschedule letter??

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
My oath ceremony was scheduled for Dec 18.... but I had plans to travel for winter holidays... so on Dec 5, I sent a letter (by priority mail) to my local office in Los Angeles asking for oath rescheduling. I just got back from my holiday trip and found a Notification of Failure to Appear for Oath Ceremony, dated Dec 23. It says:

You were scheduled to appear for an oath ceremony for naturalization on Friday Dec 18 2009 at 8 AM. Our records indicate that you failed to appear for this ceremony. You will be notified by USCIS of the date, place and time of your rescheduled Oath Ceremony.

Should I just wait? How long do you think it will take? Or should I do something?

My oath ceremony was scheduled for Dec 18.... but I had plans to travel for winter holidays... so on Dec 5, I sent a letter (by priority mail) to my local office in Los Angeles asking for oath rescheduling. I just got back from my holiday trip and found a Notification of Failure to Appear for Oath Ceremony, dated Dec 23. It says:

You were scheduled to appear for an oath ceremony for naturalization on Friday Dec 18 2009 at 8 AM. Our records indicate that you failed to appear for this ceremony. You will be notified by USCIS of the date, place and time of your rescheduled Oath Ceremony.

Should I just wait? How long do you think it will take? Or should I do something?

It is definitely possible they did not process your letter before the oath. You can inquire through INFOPASS, but given that they have said they will send a reschedule notice, I would suggest waiting for a couple of weeks.

Also check the processing times / oath dates of your DO. That will give you some clue in terms of when the oath might be, and you can start backtracking from the next oath date.