theworknumber.com for employment verification

Ignorantperson

Registered Users (C)
is theworknumber.com accepted for employment and income verification.
My employer is sending us to this website for employment verification

Any experience, please post.

is theworknumber.com accepted for employment and income verification.

It is accepted when a potential employer needs to verify your past employment/income but am not sure if it applies to immigration. you are better off getting a letter from the local HR dept. directly..

No you need it in writing.Compnay has to provide you one for immirgation benefits.What if it was requested by immigration.You think he will pick up phone and call.Just tell HR it is to file for N-400 and it is needed in writing.:rolleyes:

why do u need employment letter? there is no mention of that in the requirements doc - heck, even being employed is not a req for getting citizenship

Is this something to do with an N-400.

No employment verification is required (unless I completely missed something).

[11] Employment letter: You should ask your employer to provide you this and should have it with you when you go to the interview. Including any W-2 or anything relevant to it. It is relevant to prove your employment information on the application. Some officers are known to have asked about this from some applicants.

How is this relevant? There is no need in the N400 process to provide employment document. For example - if someone does not work - can he be denied citizenship? Not really. So why would employment letter be needed?

Only time I would see them asking for one is if you got your GC based on that and they just want to make sure you work for same company.But it is not requirment:rolleyes: .

Your "[11] Employment letter:" looks official, but I don't see it in the N-400 Instructions or the Guide. Where did it come from?

Uh yeah, there are lots of documents mentioned in that thread which you'll *most likely* never need. 99% of people get by with just the docs listed in the N400 Guide, but occasionally you'll run into an IO who wants additional proof (e.g. if you are close on either continuous residence, physical presence or have a questionable marriage etc). The point is, if you have the documents requested while at the interview, you can frequently dodge getting an RFE.

IgnorantPerson, The list of documents that Johnnycash recommends is very comprehensive. I highly recommend to have them handy in order to avoid a deferred judgment on your case on the day of the interview.

When we had our interview, my spouse was asked to show her SSN and Birth Certificate. Neither the interview letter nor the Guide to Naturalization ever mentioned these. Fortunately my spouse had these handy and was recommended for approval on the day of the interview. If you have all the documents that Johnnycash listed, the chances that something else will be asked during the interview is very remote.