There is a new message for several folks for whom AVM said On Nov..16th..... Please check AVM

Tamizhan

Registered Users (C)
Friends

Happy New Year 2002 to everyone of you. Let us sincerely hope this is a very fruitful & prosperous year for all of us and we get our GCs fast. I did early FP on 10/30th and AVM used to tell "On Nov 16th.. and pending review" and I checked it this morning and its changed to : " On Dec 29th we received the FP results and the processing resumed ..". So I am not sure definitely this step is there or not ( or just a new year sop ). If this step is there how come people who got their FPs done much later ( read after 10/30th ) got this message within a very short time ? Keep posting your thoughts. Best wishes.

Tamizhan

thank you for yours good words.

but what may do people hu did FP 03/01 AND rd11/00 and AVM never say other words ,only: aplication recived 11 november 2000,
it take 975-999 for us prossec this case.

Looks like a AVM glitch because we already got our GC approved and stamping done and we got same mes

Not an AVM glitch, different cases have different turn-around times

After the FP is collected, INS sends the FPs to investigating agencies like FBI, CIA etc. to run a background check. They also verify the addresses given in the biographic forms. It goes case by case basis, depending upon how quickly the FBI and local authorities can turn over the results back to INS. There are some people who have maintained only one single address through out their stay in US. For them the turn-around might be a little bit quicker than those who put 4-5 addresses (like me) in last 5 years. In any case, I believe FBI checks the info on their database nationwide (all 52 states).

My message also changed on December 26th to "Processing has resumed...". The earlier message was, "On November 16th, 2001 the FP were collected and are pending review...".

I feel the new AVM message does communicate meaningful information that the FP review process has completed and processing resumed further. Some people would like to negate that assumption because their cases progressed much faster. INS works in its own mysterious ways, and sometimes adjudicates cases a lot faster than the AVM update (presumably a BATCH update) process can catch up with it. Perhaps, INS needs to hire some smart programmers who can put together a system that will ensure the accuracy and integrity of all automated processes and data.

In a nutshell, I would like to believe that the new message is not a glitch but a positive message that communicates meaningful information, barring a few exceptional cases where the AVM update has not been too accurate even after the approvals.

I said "many people" buddy! So far only you got Dec 26 but we got Dec 29 from this batch o

No Title

mystery...Dec.29 was saturday..why the message changed on Saturday..desi(indian)/chinese guy working on weekend-:)

No Title

they might have run a batch process on friday late night or after midnight to update the messages.

Did FP earlier than the scheduled date.

Hi Ice Cool

I did FP on 10/30/01 ( Actual scheduled date was 11/27/01 ) at SFO. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Tamizhan

Meaning of new AVM message ....my view

There is much confusion going on about new AVM that several ( not all) folks got recently.
    I find very simple logical reasoning.
    All of us were expecting "flood of approvals" for last 2 months.
    AOS(485) cases are pending from April 2001 RD dates.
    INS works in batch mode.
    Looks like they have changed their focus on AOS-485 cases now.
    This means, they have done a batch mode change of AVM for some big period.

Since they must have used Date Range as primary Key, Folks who had their GC done also got the same message, which they should gracefully ignore
    rather than acting like chickens.

Looks like April to June RD cases are assigned to officers and we should see the "most awaited flood" from early next week.

I believe in logically positive thinking. AVM glitch is totally ruled out.
    Already approved people, please ignore the changed message.

Looking forward to a great-successfull-prosperous new year 2002 and wish all of you the same.

Just a though

I tend to agree with Pump theory, I find it hard to beleive that this "glitch" affect certain people (people who did FP on certain dates). Not only if you change address within the 5 years, may be if you are from certain countries it may take longer to check your back ground !

henerysh, do not try to confuse people, okay buddy!

Sure INS is not consistent on several occasions in terms of their timeline to process different types of cases, but INS is not stupid either. They have designed these messages with an intent to communicate meaningful information to us. So, think positive buddy! Remember the most important message is the one that says something like, "This case has been approved...".

Tamizhan ...

Thnx. Tamizhan.

Very nice. On what ground is one allowed to pre-pone FP appointment. Can one just call and request for an early FP or there has to be some genuine reason(s)?

- Ice

Early FP

Hi Ice Cool

I took my Air tickets for my trips to East coast during 11/27 time and so they entertained my case. But in San Francisco and San Jose FP centers ( read ASCs ), they allow people doing early FPs without any valid reason. Hope this helps.

Tamizhan.