Theory: Approval follows FP schedule date

jiansun

I have a theory after looking at this board everyday. I think the approval closely
follows FP schedule date. I notice last weeks approval have a FP schedule date
of around 03/22 and this week has 03/27.
Some people do FP before schedule date. Looks like this doesn\'t help, nor
hurt as well.
Anybody agree?

Thanks.

-James

No Title

Absolutely.

I agree with you .

It even corraborates someone\'s post here quoting an IIO that a case is assigned to an officer after 60 days from scheduled FP.

Got to believe him.

No Title

Hope that your theory is right.
My ND 02/08/01 and FP done on 03/21/01 (the Scheduled date). I know someone, who\'s both ND and FP dates are one week ahead of mine was approved on May 14h and got stamped one week ago. Hope ours will come soon.

No Title

sitaram so the person whoes ND was 02/01/01 was approved !! are u serious .....looks like our first ND 02/01 case

No Title

I have an FP of 03/01 and no news yet. Hopefully your theory is right...

Don\'t you think, it makes a difference where exactly you did your fingerprints? I have a feeling the SF and SJ FP centers, are better than the Santa Rosa center.

Mishonio

No Title

I fear that your theory may not be true.

There are many people who have had their fingerprinting done much earlier and are still waiting for their i485 approvals. Those lucky few ones who have gotten approved should just thank for their good fortunes. I myself have had my fingerprinting done in Feb 2001 and am still waiting. My PD is May 98 and ND is Aug 2000. I am category EB2.

Best wishes.

No Title

sitaram... Could you pl. give us the details of ND 02/01 candidate. Is he/she in Ciba\'s list??

This would help every body a lot..

Thanks

No Title

I don\'t think that the FP thory holds good. We have tried over the past few months to figure some pattern in the way INS handles cases and finally resigned to the fact that it is random and haphazard.
BTW my ND is 01/11/01 and FP (scheduled and done) is 03/07

No Title

i,

The friend I mentioned has following details:
RIR, EB3, Current
ND:WAC-01-092-x
I do not know his exact finger print date but I am sure it is in between March 12 and 15. His case was approved on May 14th, he received the approval letter on 24th and got stamped from San Fran on 25th. His EAD and AP were also approved but he never used.
So, let\'s hope things will get back to normal soon. It looks like at this time INS is not working on I485. Once they come back to I485, at least some February notice data case will be selected, I am willing to bet.