Theory about I-485 approval and EAD expirations

lbern

Registered Users (C)
Just want to see if this is a trend...

Saw a few posts where people have said their I-485s were approved around the SAME DATE as the expiratoin date of their EAD. Like, I saw a post somewhere were the EAD was to expire on 2/13/03 and the person's I-485 was approved on 2/14/03. There are multiple cases of this it seems.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, perhaps this is a trend we could use to better gage our I-485 approval dates?

Thanks,
lbern.

My EAD expird on Feb 12th . I am still waiting for the approval.
When I spoke to IIO last week , it was not even assigned to an officer.

Such a EAD Expire=485 Approval theory is the dumbest theory I have ever seen.

Let me be straight. If that theory is correct, we should see flood of approvals now. As most cases between 02-030 to 02-050 have EAD expiring around this time.

That is simply not the case!!!

As I said thousand times before. Do not expect the JIT report moves to Dec 31, 2001 until the second half of the year.

It is so funny that Fed keeps saying economy is turnning around later this year. They have been saying that since earlier last year.
I hope the approval speed of I-485 will not look like the economy.

However once US solves the issues with Iraq and we enter a new fiscal year after Oct 1. We may see a spike. Why? The little Bush need vote to get elected. So may push a little on the speed of immigration. But do not expect too much speed-up.

All the things being said, I still suspect I-485 EB based approval will be extremely slow. Foriegn workers just do not have the political leverage as it used to have. So what is going to happen next? I do not know.

War with Iraq is finished quick and efficient, economy recovers with creation of new jobs, and consumer keeps buying goods and houses.

While, I hope everyone be lucky. But stay causious!!!

LC66, i couldn't agree with you more... my ead expired on 02/26 ...
still waiting for approval....

I doubt there is a connection between the two.

But yea there have been posts that your ead renewal and 485 gets assigned to the same person. So it could happen that if your 485 is assigned, the adjudication officer might decide to approve your 485, instead of give you an ead .. but ... thats if your case is assigned, and if it is to the same officer, and if that officer genuinely cares about your personal problems.

My EAD expired 3/5. Still waiting for 485 approval. The good news is attorney told me my case was assigned and an adjudication officer is "taking care of it". Should hear something in 2-6 weeks. Such dates have been given to me many times. I learn not to trust it.

WAC02-046-5xxxx.

Is this True
My EAD expires in June , can I expect my approval in June.

>>Off Course YES ,but don't ask the YEAR .
Hope We all be out of this Frustration ASAP .

Good Luck Everyone :)

Every body is free to expect their 485 approvals within EAD expiration dates.
Does INS cares our expectations, certainly NOT. Think realistic if few people gets there approval just by fluke that does not mean that every body will get. Be on ground and make your alternative arrangements. Don't rely on GC approval at your EAD expiration.

I do doubt

I do doubt about any connection between EAD expiration and I-485 Approval. Those people who have got their 485 approvals close to their EAD expiration is merely a coincidence!

But, as many people said already, that no one can guess how INS works and thinks!?? I think any guess will be "wild guess..."!!

I'm not that pessimistic and hope to see lots of approvals this month.

:)

become bush advisor

Who ever suggested that Theory about I-485 approval and EAD expirations in the first place definitely has all the qualifications to become George W's lead advisor.

Re: become bush advisor

Originally posted by lsamp
Who ever suggested that Theory about I-485 approval and EAD expirations in the first place definitely has all the qualifications to become George W's lead advisor.

Bush's current advisor

Does anyone know how long would it take to renew AP? Mine was submitted mid Feb. Can I expect to get it a week from now?

WAC02-046-5xxxx

Originally posted by ImmigrateMe
Does anyone know how long would it take to renew AP? Mine was submitted mid Feb. Can I expect to get it a week from now?

I have a bad news for you. Processing of advance parole will be delayed in CSC, because I applied for advance parole last week.

Tasse feeling lucky

Aren't you? Next time you take a plane, please post the date and flight number. :)

I am confused too. Do you applied last week, when you apply, someone told you it was going to be delayed? Who said it?

wac02-046

talked to my lawyer today, he has a new theory about the 485/EAD approvals. He has noticed a pattern that if the entire employment is not in US and/or if the highest degree received is not from US, then the EAD/485 approvals are getting delayed. He says that this might be because of the extra verification that they might be doing.

He also mentioned that INS may have "lost" some documents during the month of january(my AP was approved in mid jan and i haven't got my approval notices yet, but my EAD card is in which was approved last week). He would not mention the mode in which they were lost ( shredded/burnt/toilet paper/never mailed/.... ).

the above information could be pure speculation by my lawyer, digest it at your own risk.

thanks
sri