Theory about 485 approval.

nmahajan

Registered Users (C)
I might be wrong, however one thing I have consistenty seen in all 485 approvals is renewal of EAD before actual 485 approval. Does any service center has a hidden rule so as to delay approval as long as EAD is not renewed? Not to mention this brings in lot of revenue for them. Is there anyone out there who has got his/her 485 approved without renewing his/her EAD? Any comments ....

No Title

I have recently applied for 485. I dont intend to apply for EAD. So according to your theory my case can take worst possible time to get approved. I certainly hope not. But I would like to get some comments from experts on this issue.

No Title

I am not an expert but the message was intended for people who applied for EAD (hence renewal of EAD). I should have clarified it in the begining. I hope not it affect\'s your case but a better way would be to track on immitracker and see how much time cases with no EAD took vs cases with EAD. I hope it helps.

No Title

i think it is not true, since I am also wating for almost a year after 485 application, and I havent applied for EAD..!

No Title

I do not think there is any link between EAD & I-485 approval. I have three friends who had gone for FP in Jan 2001. Two of them had EAD and one had not. The one without EAD got approval in the begining of May 01, another one got approval just a couple of days before, and the other one got stuck in RFE.The two with EAD did not renew thier EAD.