• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

The Winners of Past DV-Lottrey programs, When did you submit your application?

VahidGTU

Registered Users (C)
The Winners of DV-Lottrey in the past years , When did you submit your application? I mean did you submit your application:
In the first day?
In the first week?
In the middle of preiod?
In the last week?
Or in the Last day?!!!;)

I tried DV-Lottery 4 times before but no Succeed! I always submit my application in the middle period of time!:)

Thre is another thread asking the same.

It doesn't matter when somebody submit the application.

I know, they say it is not importatnt but I only wanna know: when did you as a winner, submit your application?!;)

it is a vote!:cool:

I can't remmember but I think it was within the first week. As they didn't say exaclty when this process started (and I knew niether about it nor about this forum) I left a note in my outlook to remmember monthly (first monday of the month) to check their official web site.

They say it is completely random process. If it is true, the date you submit doesn't matter. If they didn't do it randomly, the day wouldn't matter too.

Conclusion: apply as soon as possible because the only problem is you could forget to apply latter.

Idiom from my language -> "Don't do tomorrow what you can do today" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

Really does not matter!!!

i have won after 3 times.

1.time i do not kown.
2.time 3.11.2006
3.time .26.11.2007 at 8:19:21 AM EST.

good luck.

Which Country Mailing Address is Best?

Hi All, I have a question to those who were successful with the previous DV Lotteries.

I live in the UK but will be moving house by March 2008 (dont know the precise address yet). My chargeable area is Nigeria. Just wondering wether it's ok to use a US mailing address although I dont live in the US, or a Uk address or a Nigerian address. I'm most comfortable with a US (my sisters') mailing address though.

Thank you and all the best to y'all!

When you submit your online application makes no difference to your chnace of winning.

However avoid the first few days (increased risk of software bugs trashing your application) and the last few days (risk of overloading/performance problems.)

Just wondering wether it's ok to use a US mailing address ... or a Uk address or a Nigerian address

Use a mailing address that you are sure will be valid through the middle of 2009 and where there is no risk of post being lost. Otherwise it makes no difference what you mailing address is.

On the otherhand where you are asked "Country Where You Live Today". This must accurately state your country of residence on the day you make the online application. USCIS will know if this is accurate because if you are selected in the lottery you will be required to list your countries of residence along with start/finish dates on the application form. This could then be potentially checked against your passport visa stamps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really it does not matter!!!
If I do remember, I think first time I applied to DV Program was in the year 1995, (by the way, it was not regular every year, in some years I remembered it after the program entry period already over) but only this year I won, if you feel it does matter, I have applied last year on November 30, 2007