• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

The Winners of Past DV-Lottrey programs, What was you education degree?

VahidGTU

Registered Users (C)
The Winners of Past DV-Lottrey programs, What was your education degree?

The lucky Winners of DV-Lottrey in the past years , What was your education degree?!

I heard the chance of people in the DV-Lottrey is not equal! I heard many of winners have high education degree like master degree! and only few of winners have high school diploma!!!:(

Is it true?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have no education and still win, it's just a lotterry........but you need to have a high school diploma at the interview.

You can have no education and still win, it's just a lotterry........but you need to have a high school diploma at the interview.

My Friend, I know you can join Lottery without university degree BUT when you count people who win the lottery you can see the number of High educated people is very much!!! It show they involve some factors to select people and people are not Equal!

Any Opinion?:confused:

Maybe..just maybe..the people that applying for the DV mostly university graduate? So for example 2 million ppl applied, 80% university graduate...the 10000 people that being picked therefore have degree? Does that make sense? I don't think USCIS select the winners based on the degree.

Maybe..just maybe..the people that applying for the DV mostly university graduate?

Or maybe the people without university degrees simply screw up their applications somehow and are disqualified at a higher percentage than university graduates? For example, it seems, a university degree in mathematics would be quite helpful in figuring out the details of the photo.

How about the idea that higher education is more sought these days? Also, many people who prob have access to a computer to submit an online application are those with higher education? Just my guess

One other thing to consider. I had my interview today, I took a copy of my bachelor degree and was told that it was not needed for processing and was returned to me. They only took my high school certificate

education

i think off the record they are giving emphasis on highly educated people. I have dual Masters English and an MBA

Having a university degree makes NO difference to your chances of winning. This information is solicited so USCIS have statistics on the educational quality of the people applying for the next year and any trends from previous years.

For most OECD countries 30 to 40% of the population have university degrees or similiar education. There are a handful of countries outside those bounds, but it's true for most countries. So you should not be surprised that "many of winners have high education degree like master degree".

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a university degree makes NO difference to your chances of winning. This information is solicited so USCIS have statistics on the educational quality of the people applying for the next year and any trends from previous years.

For most OECD countries 30 to 40% of the population have university degrees or similiar education. There are a handful of countries outside those bounds, but it's true for most countries. So you should not be surprised that "many of winners have high education degree like master degree".

That's true only partly. Yes, getting selected doesn't have anything to do with your level of eduction. Passing the interview, however, does.

You are right. Though i indicated my BA and pending MA when replying my first NL, i was only asked my High School degree on the day pf my interview.

Best wishes to those still waiting for the interview