The wait after asylum interview

Heemo

Registered Users (C)
I just had an asylum interview. My visa status expired after my application was received, so when I had the interview, I was out of status. My application was strong. Interview was OK. I answered all questions, but AO was kind of dumb, not very supportive, which makes me nervous. How long do you think I have to wait before I can get a reply? Had my husband and kids included in application, too. Thank you guys and I'm so happy to join you here!

Last edited by a moderator:
One more question

I also need to know: I prepared a strong application with valuable supporting documents, including newspaper articles about my own specific claim (threats I received), but I feel my interview was not as good. I feel I did not talk adequately and I was more than once interrupted by AO when I spoke about the general security situation in my country and she said I should focus on my claim and said "we were running out of time." I saw other AOs welcoming their clients into their offices with a smile and nice greetings. My AO never smiled for a second and was just typing sometimes and staring at me when I answered her questions. That made me nervous and uncomfortable during the interview although I answered most of her questions well. I was and am still nervous. Any thoughts please?

I also need to know: I prepared a strong application with valuable supporting documents, including newspaper articles about my own specific claim (threats I received), but I feel my interview was not as good. I feel I did not talk adequately and I was more than once interrupted by AO when I spoke about the general security situation in my country and she said I should focus on my claim and said "we were running out of time." I saw other AOs welcoming their clients into their offices with a smile and nice greetings. My AO never smiled for a second and was just typing sometimes and staring at me when I answered her questions. That made me nervous and uncomfortable during the interview although I answered most of her questions well. I was and am still nervous. Any thoughts please?

THE most important the case and ur answers, not the smiles of AO while interview...
did you receive decision already?

Hello everybody ,

i have a question please, i had my interview couple of days ago and it was terrible, although i have a Super case, i am afraid they denied but anyway , my question is :
I AM LEGAL ON A STATUS B2 , CAN I CHANGE MY VISA STATUS TO J1 DURING WAITING THE DECISION?

thank you all

I-589 applied : February 11,2013
interview done : March 19,2013
waiting ....

as long as u still have a valid visa or valid status and you did not leave that status, you are legal on that status applying for asylum does not make you out of previous status.

Hello! We had an asylum interview on feb.07. till now we did not get answer by mail, but on USCIS site our case has been updated till Card/ Document Production. Does it mean that our case is granted?

Hello! We had an asylum interview on feb.07. till now we did not get answer by mail, but on USCIS site our case has been updated till Card/ Document Production. Does it mean that our case is granted?

Congrats, you are approved and you will get the acceptance and work authorization card soon by mail.

Congrats, you are approved and you will get the acceptance and work authorization card soon by mail.

actually it looks more like work authorization card Production. but we did not apply for it yet. and 150 days are not up.

actually it looks more like work authorization card Production. but we did not apply for it yet. and 150 days are not up.

When you get granted, the work authorization card will be produced immediately by default even if you didn't apply for it. Enjoy your freedom

Congratulations marmora ,,alf mabrouk :)

My friend works for the IO in San Francisco, and he told me that if you dont get a denial letter (7-10 days after your interview) you were granted asylum. That's what happened to me! Now it is just a matter of time til you get the i94 and EAD.

My friend works for the IO in San Francisco, and he told me that if you dont get a denial letter (7-10 days after your interview) you were granted asylum. That's what happened to me! Now it is just a matter of time til you get the i94 and EAD.

thank you very much for support

dear all!
today we received our "yellow envelope" finally!
Thank's God for all who support me in the waiting time- appreciate you!
Thank's for sharing your experience - it was very useful!
My advice for all who is searching asylum to be honest, pray to God and do your best! Never give up!

dear all!
Today we received our "yellow envelope" finally!
Thank's god for all who support me in the waiting time- appreciate you!
Thank's for sharing your experience - it was very useful!
My advice for all who is searching asylum to be honest, pray to god and do your best! Never give up!

congrats!

EAD status show up on my I 589 online status

Dear All;

I am new to this forum. I had my asylum interview s 5 month ago. Since then anytime I check my status online using the Z number it show " your status can not be find at this time................. However when i checked yesterday , here is what it shows : " ******* 2013, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our Intake Processing Center. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283...."

What does that mean? anyone wanting to share his experience, please , will be grateful

All the best