The Unpredictable VSC

Kagawaal

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

I know it is useless to talk about the stupid IIOs but want to share my experience with you guys. my RD is 08/22/01 and haven't heard any thing from INS so far.

spoke with an IIO on 07/29/02 and was told that my case may take another 30-60 days.

spoke with another IIO on 08/16/02 and this time i was told that my case may take another couple of weeks. she refused to tell me if my case was assigned to an officer, "for security reasons"

spoke with yet another one on 10/30/02 this time was told that my case is pending and may take another 30 days. I asked the reason and told her that i was told the same long time ago? she replied, "unfortunately the cases are taking longer because of security background check". i asked, "does it mean my file has been assigned to some one?". she refused to comment on that and keep on repeating that cases are taking longer time now. Finally i had to tell her that officially you are processing Oct 1 cases, I need to know what is the problem with my case. This time she said, "looks like your case is being reviewed, that's all i can tell you."

based on the posts from other fellows I expected that my case would be approved within the next 2-3 days, but nothing happened so far.

i know you are all frustrated and helpless like me but just wanted to share my experience with the stupid IIOs

good luck to all of you.

RD 08/22/01
ND 10/16/01
FP 02/01/02
EAC 020135xxxx

Kagawaal

If you don't hear anything from INS this week, Speak to your local congressman regarding your case. I think that might give a big push.

Good Luck

Could it be?

Kaagawal,

Could it be the age old ND RD confusion? I see that your ND is 10/16 and some VSC officers consider that as the RD????

Just a thought

ya i agree with dinosaur

i think it might be a ND/RD confusion and the people who have keyed in the data initially when the case was filed.. might have confused with RD/ND .. I would not advise you to call IIO and pester themm.. which will never help but worsen the case.. Wait for couple of weeks as your ND is 10/16 if not just go to your local congressman...

Kagawal,
I suggest you to call IIO again and also ask your attorney to call and find out what is going on. I also got similar replies and you know sometimes you get to talk to a nice IIO and she told me to wait till oct 23rd. But seeing other august cases getting approved , I lost patience and called again and I was told to wait indefinitely , guess what I got approved on oct 23rd. I understand how bad you feel, call and find out what is going on, may be lawyer will get better info, and contacting your senator may help in get your case going.

Rd Aug 29

RD?ND confusion

Thanks guys for your responses.

At first I assumed this delay to be the ND/RD confusion but I called and clarified the RD/ND issue twice in June/July. Each time they told me correct RD. it may just my bad luck or slow luck.
my I-140 also took almost a year.

anyway, will wait for another week and then will keep on calling them.

IIO's told me very similar things. In the three calls over last two months, I was first told it is pending and then told it has been assigned to an officer and then told it is going to be reviewed soon. It confirms the theory that you cannot rely on what these bums say.

Kagawaal, sorry to hear about your long wait. It is possible that the additional security check is taking longer. But who knows...

Hi Kagawaal,

Just wanted to know if your EAD is expiring in the next three months or so...?? If yes, maybe they are waiting for the renewal applications to come in.! Once, they do.. they approve the 485.. seems uncanny but its the same issue for many in this forum.

I too have send my EAD renewal forms a couple of weeks ago. Let me see if the 485 gets 'approved' this week or so...! Even when I called the VSC.. they tell me the same crap.!

No one is giving any concrete instructions..!!

Cheers..!!!

Bobby: How come IIO know your case will be reviewed soon?

Is there a speical area for collecting the cases ready to be assigned soon?

Anybody can answer this question??

Originally posted by Bobby V
IIO's told me very similar things. In the three calls over last two months, I was first told it is pending and then told it has been assigned to an officer and then told it is going to be reviewed soon. It confirms the theory that you cannot rely on what these bums say.

Kagawaal, sorry to hear about your long wait. It is possible that the additional security check is taking longer. But who knows...

EAD Renewal

Hi Thin_Patience,

I hoped the same too, when I spoke with a nice IIO on 08/16, she suggested to apply for EAD renewal (though she said my case may not take more than 2 weeks). I did apply for renewal (on 08/16/02) and within 2 weeks received my EAD cards.

That was my guess too (wrong though)

Re: Bobby: How come IIO know your case will be reviewed soon?

Originally posted by kia
Is there a speical area for collecting the cases ready to be assigned soon?

Anybody can answer this question??

kia, most recently they told me that my case is "ready to be reviewed" and not "ready to be assigned". I am not sure what that means. This may mean that the case has been assigned to an officer but he has not taken a look yet. Or this could mean that the case has not been assigned but is ready to be assigned.

Or this could also mean that IIO is saying whatever to get me off the phone as soon as possible.... With this kind of word play, IIO's would soon come to a point where we will be asking them what is the definition of 'is'.