The True about Traveling back to the natal country

Markus

Registered Users (C)
Travel experiences coming from COP

Everyone here have had different experiences in the past, and for those experiences the goverment granted the asylum because there is strong evidence to prove that.

For some people many years has to pass to obtain the GC and it is natural they want to see their mother land.

But I don't see a reason to be questioned when coming from COP, that is the right we should have, weather we decide to go or not to back, so why to have a GC if you are not free and you have to prove again the same?

I want to fix the question, is why we get Permanet Residence if there is no warranty for us to be able to come back?

because this is a forum to share experiences would be nice to know the experiences any one can share when coming from COP if they had decided to go back, Please not stories like I knew about someone or I heard from some one without knowing if they really had a GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Markus said:
Hi everyone, theres is a lot of speculation in all the forums about if the asyles who get the permanent resident CAN or CAN NOT travel back to their countries or (COP).

Please tell us about your own experience. No other people experiences. some times people add and exagerate and create a false enviroment.

If you want to talk about somebody experience make sure you know personally the people with asylum and you SAW the Permanent Resident Card they got. and you are sure that was a real document.

Please let the true be part of this forum with real facts.

Are you kidding? Nobody in this forum will never compromise him(her) self and tell you the personal story about traveling back to COP. You ask anybody here and they will tell you that never went back to COP.

I did remembered somebody in this forums went back to COP and came back with some questions in airport. they got GC already. who are they? if you got these experience. let us know

thank for your sharing info.

I know 2 person personally, one is high school friend back in COP, the other is an older lady that I met here in US.

My HS friend went back 3x in a year after got GC, all of which related to parents sickness. First one he went back to visit parents cuz of health problems, second one, father passed away, recently the last one, mom passed away.

About the lady that I mentioned, she went back also cuz someone passed away in the family.

Note: none of them went back for pleasure reasons.

Also, CAN or CANNOT should not be the question, you should question yourself like, WHAT reasons do you have? Are those reasons ACCOUNTABLE?

Plenty of people have posted in this forum about their experiences going back to their COP on an asyulum based GC. Just do a thorough search...

Markus said:
Hi everyone, theres is a lot of speculation in all the forums about if the asyles who get the permanent resident CAN or CAN NOT travel back to their countries or (COP).

Please tell us about your own experience. No other people experiences. some times people add and exagerate and create a false enviroment.

If you want to talk about somebody experience make sure you know personally the people with asylum and you SAW the Permanent Resident Card they got. and you are sure that was a real document.

Please let the true be part of this forum with real facts.

I am sorry but why you want to know other people's experience? If you have legitimate reason to go back, then why should you worry about getting trouble? If you are still afraid of the government, then don't go. Is this as simple as that?

This is not a forum that people are exchanging ways to scam the government.

ernorman said:
I am sorry but why you want to know other people's experience? If you have legitimate reason to go back, then why should you worry about getting trouble? If you are still afraid of the government, then don't go. Is this as simple as that?

Good point.

ayyubov said:
Are you kidding? Nobody in this forum will never compromise him(her) self and tell you the personal story about traveling back to COP. You ask anybody here and they will tell you that never went back to COP.

This is not to compromise anyone just to know the true, if the permanent resident is a change the status, why it will cause to remove the permanent resident if the status is not loger asyless and there should not be any consequence nor any questioning about traveling.

Feel sorry for you

ernorman said:

Many refugees whether they have a horrible experience or a life tragedy want to go back to their countries, that is completely natural, there is their past that belong to them, there is their mother land, there is their friends, and there were once good bad experiences.

Every one where born in a special place and it was carefully planed for them.

The past is there, and it is part of us weather we like or not, if we don’t do something and forget about it, it will come back.

People with asylum have had terrible experiences and they had to prove it otherwise they will not be here. People just can not judge because no one knows other people experiences and no one has the right to tell us what to do or what to choose.

If people with asylum forget about their past and don’t do anything to leave a print and make a little change in their own motherland, they are already dead and their lives are meaningless. People came to world to leave a print in other peoples hearts.

So, why it should be restrictions to go back again and do something for your own land? Why the Permanent Resident if you are not free to go back?

And even more sorry for you too.

wantmygcnow said:
Good point.

Many refugees whether they have a horrible experience or a life tragedy want to go back to their countries, that is completely natural, there is their past that belong to them, there is their mother land, there is their friends, and there were once good bad experiences.

The past is there, and it is part of us weather we like or not, if we don’t do something and forget about it, it will come back.

People with asylum have had terrible experiences and they had to prove it otherwise they will not be here. People just can not judge because no one knows other people experiences and no one has the right to tell us what to do or what to choose.

If people with asylum forget about their past and don’t do anything to leave a print and make a little change in their own motherland, they are already dead and their lives are meaningless. People came to world to leave a print in other peoples hearts.

So, why it should be restrictions to go back again and do something for your own land? Why the Permanent Resident if you are not free to go back?

Look, getting a green card is a privilege many people would do anything to get it. You make a valid point that its your home country and you should have the right to visit it. And you do have the full right to visit it. I or anyone on this board is not responsible for you so the last thing you should do is ask somoene on the board to post their experiences & to go by it.

Like your asylum story was unique, so is your case. IF punjabi munda went to his COP and came back, it doesn't mean you are ok too. His case may be based on political persecution, maybe yours is something else.

You are an adult so I don't think anyone on this board can stop or make you do anything. Its your choice do as you wish and do not pay attention to what people say. It means nothing, we are not Immigraiton Officers.

Markus said:

There is no restriction: You can go back whenever you want and for whatever reason, if your situation changed in COP, or some kind of well-documented emergency (I just can't think of anything else, given the fact that in our asylum application we all pledged that we did not want to or could not go back and asked for U.S. protection.) U.S. is not restricting your exit. This is the restriction you impose to yourself.