the trend of namecheck. a disaster!

antonioa77

Registered Users (C)
I Just had my infopass apointment and I'm still stuck in the namecheck crap. the interesting thing is that the officer told me that if ur namecheck is not cleared with 1 month after they receive ur I485, then u r stuck in the namecheck for at least a yr. he said he never saw people get cleared in less than 1 yr, he said it can go up to 4 yrs. so it is a blackhole.
this is a glim picture but it seems right unfortunately.

so in summary either 1 month or at least 1 yr if not more of wait for the stupid namecheck. nothing in between. so all those 6 months process thing that TSC put on their website are useless.

trackitt shows 7 people approved in 2006 and all of them less than or around 6 months. interestingly almost all approval cases in 2005 on trackitt have been longer than 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
eb1_nsc said:
trackitt shows 7 people approved in 2006 and all of them around 6 months. interestingly almost all 2005 approvals have been more than 1 year.

i think their namecheks were cleared right away but TSc took time to approve them. it makes a difference.

Stuck in the same stage

Yes the name check step is frustrating and getting USCIS to even comment about whether your name check has been cleared is almost impossible. I'm probably stuck in the same stage but after calling the 1-800 number several times, I can't even get any information related to this. I'm considering scheduling an InfoPass appointment myself.

What did you have to do in the InfoPass appointment to get them to tell you when the namecheck was initiated and whether it is pending for your case?

Also, you might find the following links related to FBI name check helpful: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check, http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932

Well, good luck and hope it clears for you soon.

and to think that at some point we were concerned if our cases would end up at either TSC or NSC cause we thought TSC would be faster! And now we're all stuck at namecheck in both places.

I guess, six months processessing window is just an eye wash.. mine has already passed that , I did not even see an LUD for long time..

I called NSC couple of days ago, the representative told me that now on average name check takes about 6-8 months, 2 months is the fastest and 6 years is the slowest she has seen.

maxent said:
I called NSC couple of days ago, the representative told me that now on average name check takes about 6-8 months, 2 months is the fastest and 6 years is the slowest she has seen.
That is my preview, 2 more years to get GC. My I-485 RD: 12DEC02 and about 4 years stucked in security checks.