the tend of namecheck. a disaster

I don't think that there is any firm way to establish trend in namecheck status since there is no official data on that........, like numbers per year etc,. the rest is like a guessing game. possibly the only way to know where your case stands is after it goes beyond the current processing timeframe and you initiate inquiry.

anotherbricking said:
I don't think that there is any firm way to establish trend in namecheck status since there is no official data on that........, like numbers per year etc,. the rest is like a guessing game. possibly the only way to know where your case stands is after it goes beyond the current processing timeframe and you initiate inquiry.

why u wana initiate inquiry if they tell u right away on the phone or through infopass that ur namecheck is pending? the inquiry doesn't make sense. the inquiry makes u wait for a month or 2 although we all know that the namecheck is in the hand of FBI and not USCIS. so i don't c any use of initiating an inquiry after RD passed and waiting for 2 months.

geofu54 said:
Your math is much the same as mine, fed_up (what the f**k with your handle name, by the way? ;)) I also think we should be aware that this or that forum, or a group of people around you, is by no means a representative sample of immigration applicants in any scientific terms. The same is the case with the infopass officer you happened to see, he/she does not represent the whole group (or their observations).

I guess I'm from a "very friendly" country (if such a thing ever exists), or one of the "safest" countries if you will. And my case is probably pretty much straight-forward.

Nonetheless, my attorney (who as I see her is very competent, with great reputation) told me to prepare for an *at least* 8-month wait, and this, even without any funk regarding security check or without any retro thingy. She said it "assuming that everything would go smoothly," so should my wait be shorter than that, I would probably be among the few luckiest.

It's a matter of the reference point. I'd suggest we better stop comparing our case to those rare few luckiest, otherwise we'd keep feeling overly frustrated forever.

this is from murthy.com website. what do u think about this? the whole process LC-I140-I485 in less than 4 months!!!!! and we people here were waiting for years and now they tell us sorry u have the namecheck!!!! how can a normal person stay normal with this craziness?

he even applied for i140 and I485 after me. How lucky we are!!!

Member posted December 27, 2006 10:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update on my status - GC approved
EB2
NSC (file then moved to TSC)
Non-retro (Malaysia)

LC (PERM) Filed 08/01/06, RD 08/03/06, AD 08/24/06
I-140 Filed 11/01/06, RD 11/03/06, AD 11/16/06 (Premium Processing at TSC)
I-485/AP/EAD Filed 11/01/06, RD 11/03/06, ND 11/06/06, AD 12/04/06
FP-12/01/06

Green Card is in hand now. Good luck to everyone, just hang in there.

antonoioa77....

I also know two guys for whom it cleared in about 1 year 3 months...or less...
kishore_s & skapa...

banta4gc said:
antonoioa77....

I also know two guys for whom it cleared in about 1 year 3 months...or less...
kishore_s & skapa...

my friend, this shows that the whole thing is arbitrary. it can take 1 day to 5 years.it is all about luck. they will put ur life on hold as long as they want. it is a silly system really.

why so much bikering antonio? remember its your choice to come to US, so either put up with it or feel free to leave. no one will stop if you leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me who this country is? Native American? Anglo American? White people, black people, asian people?
It belongs to everybody that have a dream in this continent for its fairness. That is why America attract people from all over the world. I don't know who you are. If somebody has been treated unfairly, there are reasons for
them to speak out. Not keep in silent. No matter when they comes here.

Please don't say such words. It really makes everybody sick. That might explain why immigrant are discriminated. Remember we are tax payers too.

fukGC said:
why so much bikering antonio? remember its your choice to come to US, so either put up with it or feel free to leave. no one will stop if you leave.

fukGC said:

u just joined the forum and honestly this shows that u have not much info first to talk about.

second, i chose this country because i thaught there is fairness in this country.

third, if u are planing to spend ur life waiting for papers and seeing others getting them in less than 1 yr , it is ur problem.

fourth, if u r not happy with ur employer, u will be stuck all the time with him.u can't grow , ur loosing oportunities. sorry but ur comment is silly as ur nickname is.

fifth, you are the last person to argue because u got ur LC in few weeks whereas It took me almost 3 years. and maybe u will get ur I485 before mine.

some people are really ignorant and silly with their nonsense comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
btld123 - i am not going to disagree with you with what you said. but what irks me and others(eg. fedup) is that this antonio dude goes over and over and over again with the same bickering.

I am here to read about ideas, tricks and people's experience and frankly i am tired about the constant bickering about the same shit with nothing informative to add.

fukGC said:
btld123 - i am not going to disagree with you with what you said. but what irks me and others(eg. fedup) is that this antonio dude goes over and over and over again with the same bickering.

I am here to read about ideas, tricks and people's experience and frankly i am tired about the constant bickering about the same shit with nothing informative to add.

it is a public forum and everybody is free to give his thoughts and opinions. if you don't like what i'm writing, please don't bother and don't read it.

you just joined the forum and you are acting as if you were here for many years.

By the way, I will not reply anymore to your comments.