• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

the secOnd letter.. a nightmare

blue_max

Registered Users (C)
hello winners ,whats up..
i 've been scheduled at the beggining of mach but i didn't recive the second notification letter yet...!
i also sent to KCC to ask again & again when will i recive it but they always answer with ( allow 7 to10 days for the mail if u r in the States and if not it will vary)
they said they already sent on13jan. and untill now i didnt recive anything:eek:
am going crazy.. and the Cairo embassy NEVER answer my emails..
the worry is killing meeeeeee guys........
i have only 1month and i didn't made up any documents and that because i was waitting to see if they aproved the changes i made on the forms or not so i can work on the documents....!!!!!
what to do?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only new information that is in the second letter is the list of doctors. And all the necessary documents are stated in the NL, so why didn't you get them ready????? If you want to know about your changes, ask KCC about that, nothing about that will be in the second letter.
And: The second letter usually arrives rather late. The earliest that I've heard about for people in Europe is a month prior to the interview, others don't get it till 2weeks prior or never at all. This is nothing to worry about as long as you have informed yourself about the exact date of the interview.
So better hurry and get your documents ready!

thanx Igmu,
but the changes is realy series.. its about spelling error in my family name. and i wanted to know which of the 2formula they has approved so i work on the documents with the proved formula of my name..
i asked the KCC but they said .. wait for the notification letter. and they never said the answer.. so? i have no idea about how there minds is working

I would still get your documents ready (they're not that expensive (unless you need translations))

hi, mine was posted on 11th of january was recieved on the 1st of February, and im in EU, so be patient should arrive early next week, but containes no new information :cool:

Good Luck

Just received mine today (6 Feb) here in Australia.

Postmarked the 22nd January.

Interview - 11th March.

My interview is in May 16 and I haven t received the 2nd letter!!!
I m a little worried because of that...

thanx Igmu,
but the changes is realy series.. its about spelling error in my family name. and i wanted to know which of the 2formula they has approved so i work on the documents with the proved formula of my name..
i asked the KCC but they said .. wait for the notification letter. and they never said the answer.. so? i have no idea about how there minds is working

how did you case go?? what did they say about the error spelling on your name?? and the changes you had made?? i have the same problem as yours and i will be glad to get your advise. How long was the check?

how did you case go?? what did they say about the error spelling on your name?? and the changes you had made?? i have the same problem as yours and i will be glad to get your advise. How long was the check?
okey i was soo worry as you and even more, but my advice is to calm down and its all very simple and then after the consulate will congrate you(we approved your case) you will not believe how easy it was and you finally made it..
i've received my second letter with the same wrong spelling because they can't modify the name befor checking the passport personally.. so all you have to do is to wait untill your interview date and let them deal with it after you leave your passport,
the check took less than 30 days if you don't have records, and it will vary to months if you have some..
i hope my answer was sufficient ..

okey i was soo worry as you and even more, but my advice is to calm down and its all very simple and then after the consulate will congrate you(we approved your case) you will not believe how easy it was and you finally made it..
i've received my second letter with the same wrong spelling because they can't modify the name befor checking the passport personally.. so all you have to do is to wait untill your interview date and let them deal with it after you leave your passport,
the check took less than 30 days if you don't have records, and it will vary to months if you have some..
i hope my answer was sufficient ..

Thanks so much for your helpful replies. What do you mean by records??

police records

i have lived in the us for a while and just came back to my home country last year. Before i left i did a police record conduct and i got it. so if i go to the interview will this help me or they will still insist on doing their own?

i have lived in the us for a while and just came back to my home country last year. Before i left i did a police record conduct and i got it. so if i go to the interview will this help me or they will still insist on doing their own?

i dont know where you are but the Accra embassy told me the police certificate is valid for a year.
Hey, i was damn lucky! The second NL came only today, that is a week to interview, but in Ghana there is the interview before the medicals.

i dont know where you are but the Accra embassy told me the police certificate is valid for a year.
Hey, i was damn lucky! The second NL came only today, that is a week to interview, but in Ghana there is the interview before the medicals.

I meant US police certificate not the one from my home country. I was asking if it would help me with the clearance because my first name in the first NL misses my last letter as my passport.

I meant US police certificate not the one from my home country. I was asking if it would help me with the clearance because my first name in the first NL misses my last letter as my passport.

can some please advise me on this one???

Just get all your documents ready for whicheve way they go.

better to have the documents showing the correct way it should be coz thats how all your documentation in the US will be.

The 2nd letters in Europe arrive almost exactly 4 weeks before the interview, and in which time, preferably, you need to schedule a medical. Like someone said earlier, the 2nd letter really just gives you a list of doctors to do your medical at, then they list again the documents you need to have ready for your interview.

Dont wait any longer, just get all your documents ready