The scoop on NSC

WaryOR

Registered Users (C)
It looks like it will get worse before it gets better...
Found this posted last week:

Since its implementation of bi-specialization last April, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has encountered various problems at its Service Centers. For example, up until about one month ago, the USCIS Vermont Service Center was taking an inordinate amount of time to process nonimmigrant visa petitions due to the fact that it was inundated with more than 95,000 H-1B petitions subject to the H-1B quota in April through July 2006. However, the Vermont Service Center is not the only USCIS Service Center which has encountered processing problems due to bi-specialization. The Nebraska Service Center has been encountering (and still is encountering) problems with managing its Form I-140 case load. Until a few weeks ago, the Nebraska Service Center was taking approximately four weeks to issue receipt notices for Form I-140 petitions. Although the Center states that it is now relatively current in issuing Form I-140 receipts, it still has a tremendous processing backlog. The Center is taking approximately five to six months to review Form I-140 petitions. Additionally, the supervisors at the Center have indicated that they do not anticipate that these processing times will be reduced any time in the near future. Therefore, some employers have begun to pay an extra $1,000 for the USCIS premium processing service for their Forms I-140 petitions. However, based upon recent trends, the Center's adjudicators who are reviewing premium processing petitions (especially for EB-1 extraordinary ability and EB-1 Outstanding Researcher or Professor categories) are being very aggressive in their reviews. The Center appears to be issuing many boilerplate Requests for Evidence (RFE) on Form I-140 petitions, especially in the EB-1 category. Because many of these RFEs are boilerplate, employers have to expend additional time and effort in attempting to determine what is specifically being requested by the officers which ultimately delays the overall processing of the petitions. Therefore, employers are being advised to carefully consider whether to use the premium processing program for Form I-140 petitions, especially for those petitions requesting EB-1 classification.

more painful to know

that the processing dates for EB1@NSC hasnt moved at all since Oct.06... Wonder whether they are touching any applications at all. I guess they want all the EB1 to take their PP bait :confused: