The Ordeal is finally over............

wamu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I received a letter yesterday from USCIS, Chicago advising the approval of my I-485. My case was unique in a way that I had to wait almost for 17 months since Interview to get approved.

RD- June 18, 2001
EAD- 09/2001, 09/2002, 09/2003, Already applied for 4th EAD in May 2004
AP- 06/ 2002, 06/2003, Applied for 3rd in May 2004
FP- 01/2002 and 04/2003
Interview - January 2003
Approval Date- 05/26/2004

The reason for delay, as stated by USCIS in various responses to the enquiries submitted through Senator Dick Durbin and Congressman Dennis Hestert's office, was non completion of Name Check/ Security Check by the FBI.

In January 2004, I wrote to FBI to provide the status of my Name Check under Freedom of Information Act. To my utter dismay, they sent me an e-mail advising that they had never received any request from USCIS to complete the name check in my case.

Through the efforts of Congressman Dennis Hestert's Office, USCIS actually sent a request to FBI to complete the name check in the end of March 2004. FBI sent me another e-mail in May 2004 that they have completed the name check and results were sent to USCIS. Based on this new information, Congressman Hestert's office made another enquiry and here comes my approval

I got the idea to request name check results from FBI from one of the postings @ this forum. I don't know how long I would have waited but for the prompt intervention from Congressman Hestert's office.

Those who have been waiting past the posted processing dates for respective service centers/ local offices must contact and get help from their US Senators or US Congressmen. State senators and congressmen are of no help.

Thanks everybody for all the support and relief I got from the useful postings on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation!!

What a journey!!! One of my friend is waiting since September 2003 in Ohio. There was no explanation. I do not know what's happening. I have been telling him to look for Senator or Congressman. Which Senator or Congressman in Ohio supports us?

Thanks

GM

Seek the help of your senator. ND:4-25-02 Approved:6-2-04

I did seek the help of our Senator Cornyn. His staff faxed an inquiry last week to TSC. My I-485 was approved: 6-2-04
The inquiry might have triggered the approval. It doesn't hurt to try seeking the help of your senator or a congressman.
My lawyer sent letters of inquiry to TSC first week of May.
Try anything that you think would help your case.