The officer said for some cases it took longer time for them to get all the information from ones\'

Carl

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone who talked to the officers at the INS been given the same answer about why some cases take longer than others. I talked to an officer today and she asked when my fingerprint was done. I told her that it was done in May last year. Then I was told that they haven\'t got all the information for my case since they have to be obtained from my home country, and some agencies responded very slow. She said I would have to wait for at least another 3 to 4 months. it sounds like the INS hasn\'t got my fingerprints. Any one has any idea with this answer?

That is wierd....

I did not know that INS goes to a person\'s home country to check information. What systems they check in the home country?

It is very hard to imagine that local agencies in a country will cooperate smoothly with US INS or FBI or whatever US agency.

Or is this something new after 9/11?

Again may be IIO is just giving some answer to get rid of a person.

Achiever

I agree with you, achiever.

I mean, come on, there is a huge communication gap between INS and US embassies themselves, Forget about INS communicating Home countries\' governments /other sources regarding some background check or something.

FBI/ CIA Clearence

I thought that the FBI and CIA clearance is done only in the US. I didn\'t think that the INS waits for clearance from home country.

When the NSC VM says that the FP information has been received by the INS, does that mean the FBI clearence is already done ?????

Yes, ususally FBI clears your FPs within few hours

FBI ususally clears your FPs within few hours and they send the Fp information to INS immediately (Same day)

I think whatever IIO said is another example which shows that IIOs simply do not have any idea of why a case is pending. All they can do is to see your record in a computer in front of him and see the if there is any note attached to case. If note explains why that case is pending then IIO tell you whatever reason explained in the note if not then

A nice IIO will try to do some digging & see if he/she can help

A rude/indifferent IIO will give you some answer to get you rid of you. (Sometimes they will ask you not to call for next 3/4/6/ months.)

Achiever

Don,t lisen to IIO! If they can\'t find a good reason, they just make one.

Last monday I talked a NSC IIO. He told me my case is waiting for fingerprint response from FBI. Since I have done my fingerprint in April, 2001. I called FBI. A nice lady said that\'s ridiculous. She checked and foud out that there are three same name as mine have been sent to INS in different dates. She said since it was long time ago, she couln\'t find birthdate or A number.
A friend of mine got same anser from IIO. But she called in a week later found out her case were approved. I also know other two people who have same experiences.
Just ignore those liars.