The last stage of security check

gc_waiting4

Registered Users (C)
I was told that my 485 was in the last stage of security check. What it could be? Name check or others? Will it be done by INS or FBI? Thanks!

Hi gc_waiting:

Have you done your finger-printing or still waiting for the FP notice.

Thanks,
SFA

The name check is actully the security check. It's done by at least 13 different, independent agencies. INS could tell if your name check has been started or not. In your case, it's started and it's in the last stage.
In my case, I have been told my name check hasn't even started.
======
I140 9/12/03 (LUD)
485 12/2/03 (LUD)
FP 11/20/03
I am still waiting

how do find your Name check , My I-140 and I-485 are pending since 12/2/2003 , Finished FP ON 11/20/2004.

Is there a way to expidite the name check process?
I send an email to FBI in oct,2004 for which they replied last week,saying my name check is peding with them.USCIS had send the request to fbi in oct 2003.All they said was when it is completed ,they will send it to USCIS.
Can congress man or senator help in expediting the process.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

How to find whether name check has been done?

How to find whether name check has been done? Since FBI takes its own sweet time to answer our e-mail, is there any other way to find it out? Can we check with USCIS? If so, whom to contact?

You can go to local INS office to ask them. Some officers are very nice, and will tell you your case (485) security check status, but some one will not. Good luck.

gc_waiting4

hi gc_waiting,
can you call them to find out? If so, what is the number..Did you go personally to find out?
thanks

jdr

in Nov. 2004, I went to local INS office to check my case status, they told me my 485 was in the last step of security check. One month later, my 140 was approved, but there is no news for 485. I went to local office again, they just told me my 485 was still pending and I have to wait, but they did not tell me the name check status.