"the I485 applications will be adjudicated in 6 months"

david_lyon

Registered Users (C)
I have read this quote in the forums but cant find the original article it was taken from

Does anyone know the original article that this was referenced to?

KEEP deaming yourself!!!!

USCIS says lot of things. Last time I called the customer rep was telling me you just filed 485 in March,07 then I said how about people filed in June'07 got approved!!! Now she said well evey case is different WOW!!! yea .. yea ... yea.... So they USCIS sing their song in their own ways they don't care. No matter what they get their pay check every month.

SO KEEP dreaming.:D :mad: :p :(

I have read this quote in the forums but cant find the original article it was taken from

Does anyone know the original article that this was referenced to?

Hee Hee...Dude you guys have no clue....

6 months is the general processing timeline set by USCIS for most peitions....In fact, USCIS had target processing times for each application form....
Form I-485 processing time is 6 months or less....
e.g H1B - Form I-129 has targeted processing time of 2 months or less...

In most cases since 2005, USCIS has been on target....In fact, if you are lucky and namecheck clears fast ....one can expect approval of I485 in 1 month even....

But, if you are unlucky, and get stuck in the namecheck blackhole it may take 1.5 years to 4 years+

For I485, please note that USCIS says the it meets the processing time of 6 months only if all other agencies comply (FBI)....For any delay of FBI namecheck, USCIS does not hold itself responsible....Hee Hee

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

But, the fact that there have been a deluge of applications of I-140 and I-485....USCIS understands that it's processing times may slip up in the coming months....

I am guessing for I-140 - it may get impacted.....

For I-485 - I doubt it very much...unless come October, all EB dates are current! Since most applications would be retrogressed...they may still meet their target of 6 months for I485 pretty soon!

In most cases since 2005, USCIS has been on target....In fact, if you are lucky and namecheck clears fast ....one can expect approval of I485 in 1 month even....

But, if you are unlucky, and get stuck in the namecheck blackhole it may take 1.5 years to 4 years+

what's up with this namechck? Some people say namecheck gets cleared fairly soon, generally, if the 485 app is filed by a lawyer rather than by the applicant alone. Is that true? Or just one another myth?

what's up with this namechck? Some people say namecheck gets cleared fairly soon, generally, if the 485 app is filed by a lawyer rather than by the applicant alone. Is that true? Or just one another myth?

i doubt this very much because only the complete name and birthdate is sent to FBI

pls help

is there a possibility that visa under EB3 be current this october? i am a foreign nurse wishing to work in the USA visa AOS... tourist visa
Thank you