The first step has finally done...

crusher4me

Registered Users (C)
Today I got my approval of my I485. I just wanna thanks everyone for the supports and any advice that you have given to me.... It means alot to me.
I just wanna share my story also when I went for interview today in the USCIS office. The lady (IO) was so nice to me, she tells me everything is fine and she approved me and stamp on my renew NP, she didnt say anything about my renewing passport since I am asylee, she just mention that you are now immigrant and you dont need your RTD anymore,just use your NP+GC to travel around the world.
and I replied back,what will happen during my citizenship interview,she said there is nothing to worry, you can still use your NP(like she mention before you are no longer asylee, you are now resident) that you have right to reside and work in USA.
The interview last only 3mnt i guess.....and she told me your GC will arrive in 14 days.
now the first step has done, just waiting on my citizenship.
and I just wanna tell you guys again, that it's okay to use your NP+GC even you renew your NP, you have the same right with "other" GC holders.
but I didnt ask about visiting COP with NP+GC though :)

to all my friends that still waiting for approval.. dont give up, good news will come.........
little about my application time line:
Asylum approved: May 2003
File for I485 : July 2004
Bio : Feb 2008
1st interview : Feb 2008
2nd interview : Oct 2008
Resident : Oct 2008