The difference between paper-based and machine-based FP!!!

caiyw

Both my wife and I did our early FP this week, but for some reason I was chosen to get the FP done on the paper while my wife did it through the machine. When I asked them why, the guys in the FP center just told there weren't enough machines to accomodate all the people.

But, when I called FBI 2 days later, they told me they have already recieved my wife's FP and sent back to USINS, whereas mine still hasn't arrived yet. So I went back to the FP center, only to be told that paper-based FP is FEDEXed to FBI, instead of electronically. Worse yet, the FBI agent told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to process the paper-based FP instead of less than 24 hrs for the ones that were sent electronically.

So anyone who did FP on the paper, would you share your experience? i.e. how long did it take before your paper-based FP results were sent back to USINS from FBI and how long did USINS acknowledge that?

Lesson learned: avoid paper-based FP whenever you can, it will only further delay your approval!!

Caiyw

caiyw001 said:
Both my wife and I did our early FP this week, but for some reason I was chosen to get the FP done on the paper while my wife did it through the machine. When I asked them why, the guys in the FP center just told there weren't enough machines to accomodate all the people.

But, when I called FBI 2 days later, they told me they have already recieved my wife's FP and sent back to USINS, whereas mine still hasn't arrived yet. So I went back to the FP center, only to be told that paper-based FP is FEDEXed to FBI, instead of electronically. Worse yet, the FBI agent told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to process the paper-based FP instead of less than 24 hrs for the ones that were sent electronically.

So anyone who did FP on the paper, would you share your experience? i.e. how long did it take before your paper-based FP results were sent back to USINS from FBI and how long did USINS acknowledge that?

Lesson learned: avoid paper-based FP whenever you can, it will only further delay your approval!!

Caiyw

Hi caiyw001

1. Can you please tell me what Phone no we need to call to check the status of FP?

2. Also when should we call this number? I mean after FP is done , how many days we need to wait before calling them.

Thanks

304-625-5590
304-625-2406 (tell them you want to check the FP results and they will basically transfer you to the 1st number)
You need to have your A# ready.

normally electronic FP will be sent to FBI on the same day and FBI process it within 24 hrs.

Anyone know how long does it take to get the paper-based FP results cleared? (from this forum I have seen anywhere from 5 to 20 days), please share your experience.

caiyw

caiyw001 said:
304-625-5590
304-625-2406 (tell them you want to check the FP results and they will basically transfer you to the 1st number)
You need to have your A# ready.

normally electronic FP will be sent to FBI on the same day and FBI process it within 24 hrs.

Anyone know how long does it take to get the paper-based FP results cleared? (from this forum I have seen anywhere from 5 to 20 days), please share your experience.

caiyw

So, you are saying that FP Taken at a USCIS Center directly goes to FBI and then FBI processes it and sends the results back to USCIS?

Is that how it works?