The difference between paper-based and machine-based FP!!!

caiyw

Both my wife and I did our early FP this week, but for some reason I was chosen to get the FP done on the paper while my wife did it through the machine. When I asked them why, the guys in the FP center just told there weren't enough machines to accomodate all the people.

But, when I called FBI 2 days later, they told me they have already recieved my wife's FP and sent back to USINS, whereas mine still hasn't arrived yet. So I went back to the FP center, only to be told that paper-based FP is FEDEXed to FBI, instead of electronically. Worse yet, the FBI agent told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to process the paper-based FP instead of less than 24 hrs for the ones that were sent electronically.

So anyone who did FP on the paper, would you share your experience? i.e. how long did it take before your paper-based FP results were sent back to USINS from FBI and how long did USINS acknowledge that?

Lesson learned: avoid paper-based FP whenever you can, it will only further delay your approval!!

Caiyw

willgetthere said:
can you please tell me how to check with FBI about the receipt of FP?

-------------------------------------------------------------

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

304-625-5590
304-625-2406 (tell them you want to check FP result, they will basically transfer you to the 1st number)

caiyw001 said:
Both my wife and I did our early FP this week, but for some reason I was chosen to get the FP done on the paper while my wife did it through the machine. When I asked them why, the guys in the FP center just told there weren't enough machines to accomodate all the people.

But, when I called FBI 2 days later, they told me they have already recieved my wife's FP and sent back to USINS, whereas mine still hasn't arrived yet. So I went back to the FP center, only to be told that paper-based FP is FEDEXed to FBI, instead of electronically. Worse yet, the FBI agent told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to process the paper-based FP instead of less than 24 hrs for the ones that were sent electronically.

So anyone who did FP on the paper, would you share your experience? i.e. how long did it take before your paper-based FP results were sent back to USINS from FBI and how long did USINS acknowledge that?

Lesson learned: avoid paper-based FP whenever you can, it will only further delay your approval!!

Caiyw

It is weird, but don't worry

learned that manual FP is more clear than Electronicly, its slow to get result back. btw in my understaind all elec FP are printed on paper/card.

here what a thread says.
-------------------------------
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=150044&highlight=electronic+FP

) I am not sure if there was an optional manual print. I heard that doing Manual printing results in delayed FP results delivered to FBI. But I am not sure if electronic prints are not good for pregnent ladies. If so they should at least have signs posted to warn FP'ing people, right? I did not see anything like that in that ASC.
----------------------------------

try to search on Google or in this fourm... if u find somthing plz do share with us.

Good Luck but don't worry much, they willl send and u will get result back soon.

Good Luck

caiyw001 said:

Caiyw

When we went to do the early FP on Feb 9, as you mentioned unfortunately both myself and my wife gave the paper based FP because the 2nd machine was not working on that day.
I called FBI on Feb 14 afternoon and she told me that they sent back on that day to USCIS. So the turn around time was 5 calendar days. The very next day Feb 15, local ASC office sent a rescheduled FP (Feb 28) for my wife since FBI rejected her FP. But again Feb 16, we went to local ASC office for early FP. This time they did her FP on the computer. I called FBI the next day Feb 17 and she told me that my wife's FP was cleared within 5 minutes after she gave in our local office.

So, Paper based FP turn around time - 5 days
Whereas computer based FP turn around time - 5 minutes.

Thanks guys, so I guess even the paper-based FP does not take 3-4 weeks as mentioned by the FBI lady. (I found another guy in the forum who posted 10-day turnaround time for manual FP).

The FBI lady said that ASC could actually scan the paper FP and send it electronically, so don't know why it has to be FEDEXed...

Anyone who has the similiar experience pls keep us posted..

caiyw

Did machine FP and saw warnings

Guys,
I did my machine based FP today ie Mar 1st and there were some warnings issued for me for the ridge of my hand not clear on so on on my right hand.
These warnings came for almost all the fingers of my right hand, that woman didnt seem to know how to take fp's too well.

Would there be any problem with that do u think like they ask me to take my FP again or something what do yall think?

Thanks and Regards,
Tightwait

485 TSC - ND Oct 25 2002
1st FP Done on 03/01/2005