The Day eventually come to me !!!

maple

PD: Aug. 2000
RD: July 2nd, 2001
ND: Aug. 9th, 2001
RFE: Late Oct. 2002 (Employment Verification Letter)
AD: Feb. 7th, 2003 (Both me and spouse)
Passport stamped: Feb. 21st, 2003

GOD bless America !!!!

Hi, My fellow I-485 friends,

I’ve been through such a painful journey as most of you do. Finally it is over. I almost can’t believe it when I called NSC and heard the magic words.
I know the pains of many of you have, so I would like to share our stories to cheer you up.

I have been dreaming of getting approved everyday since last July. I don’t know for some reason, it never comes to my turn. Seeing so many people around my RD getting approved. Seeing almost all July 2001 cases turned into green on Rupnet,. You can imagine what the feeling I was. Such a desperate feeling!!!!

I turned out to a deeply depression between Sept and Oct last year. I almost lost any hope. That is the darkest time in my whole life I believe. Then I decided not to browse this site and Rupnet any more. It can only make me upset. But just like most of you, I can’t resist it. During that time, I saw a friend in this site, can’t remember his name. He posted that he almost has nothing left in his home country, feels like the bridge of going back is burned down. We have to go ahead, don’t turn around.

Yes, we have to look forward, no matter how hard it is for us. Lo boss, mortgage loan, kids to raise, gloomy economy…… . . We have to fight and never let ourselves down.

I came to the USA as a visitor eight years ago, Just like most of you, I had been through hard time at the very beginning. To make it worse, we found we were having a baby. We really wanted to have child so we decided to have him. We changed status several times B1-F1-F2-F1-H1-H1 (change job), then started the long journey of applying the “Green Card”. I experienced one lay off in my company. Lucky it did not come to me, but the feeling of you are the next is not good at all.

I have got so much useful information, courage, console ….from this site. I would like to give some of my suggestions.

Seeking help from Senator if you feel you case is taking longer than others.

Don’t call INS so often because it does no help at all. They can only make you feel worse. I called NSC two weeks before our approval. A very nice old gentleman answered the call, but gave me confused information. He told me the freeze is just lifted and many of the IIOs are going on training. Your case will still take another couple of months. Then I turned again to our local Senator office. They had been helping us since last July to check the status, push the IIOs. The Senator Secretary got back to us couple of days later. We’ve been informed that within 2-3 week, NSC will have the decision. One week later, we heard the magic words.

Never lose hope. I never heard anybody not get approved eventually. It is just the time issue. Tomorrow is your turn !!!!! May GOD grace bless you all.

congrats

Did you change your employer in the mean time? This answer will help me a lot.

Thanks.

employment verificate letter

First, Congrats!

So, they did ask you for employment verificate letter a year later? So we can't change our job then.