The current situation to get an H-1B in software engineering fields.

snow_white

Situation: H-1B holder in Boston, got laid off Dec.3, 2001, still in the severance pay cycle until Feb. 15, 2002.

Question: Considering there are many American citizens looking for jobs, what is our foreigners\' chance to get H-1B approved? I\'ve heard if a company posts an open position, the company would get hundreds of resumes in a few days, and the HR doesn\'t have time to review all of them. To sponsor an H-1B, doesn\'t the company need to prove they can\'t find any qualified citizens? I am especially curious the situation in software engineering fields in Boston. Any inputs would be much appreciated.

our chances to be qualified to get an H-1B

I have learned there are three possible ways I can proceed once I find new employer: H-1B transfer, applying for a new H-1B, and/or use the Premium Process Service. I\'d go with the PPS since it takes 15 days. However, it\'s only the matter of time (although I am very aware of that the time really matters.)
What I\'d like to discuss with all is, what is our chances to be qualified to get an H-1B (with so many US citizen job seekers after 911).
Thanks,