The Counts

eBhola

Registered Users (C)
Is there a way to find out --- the acutal number of applicants for 485 and those who are going for CP..

Countrywise -- yearwise -- categorywise.

If not can some take a good guess at the numbers...

Thanks

eBhola said:
Is there a way to find out --- the acutal number of applicants for 485 and those who are going for CP..

Countrywise -- yearwise -- categorywise.
Not sure what your are trying to accomplish, both CP and AOS are subject to
priority date. Only AOS gives the advantages of AC21. You will have to wait
for PD to become current in your home country instead of working in US.

armie said:
Not sure what your are trying to accomplish, both CP and AOS are subject to
priority date. Only AOS gives the advantages of AC21. You will have to wait
What armie says is perfectly correct.

Some more advantages of 485 over CP
* You and your derivative applicants get to file for EAD and AP
* You can appeal a denial of 485 -- with CP there is no appeal process :eek:

max2k1 said:
What armie says is perfectly correct.

Some more advantages of 485 over CP
* You and your derivative applicants get to file for EAD and AP
* You can appeal a denial of 485 -- with CP there is no appeal process :eek:

If an I-485 is denied and an appeal is filed, can the applicant work while waiting for the appeal? Or does the denial revoke the EAD and AP, so one can't travel during the appeal??

Hi, Mr. Green

Mr. Green said:
If an I-485 is denied and an appeal is filed, can the applicant work while waiting for the appeal? Or does the denial revoke the EAD and AP, so one can't travel during the appeal??

Hi, Mr. Green----

How abot your I-485? Did you get biometrics notice yet?

Mr. Green said:
When you case is pending appeal, your EAD remains valid -- so you can work on that till a decision is made on your appeal.

Don't worry too much about this -- denial of 485 is NOT very common and only happens to really a few cases - relax :D

SORRY, you are wrong

armie said:
You will have to wait
That is not correct. You can still stay and work in the US till the time for your interview. Do a research, you'll see.

max2k1 said:
When you case is pending appeal, your EAD remains valid -- so you can work on that till a decision is made on your appeal.

Don't worry too much about this -- denial of 485 is NOT very common and only happens to really a few cases - relax :D

I'm not worried because I spent the time and money to give myself the best chance. Beyond this, it is out of my hand!