The abuse doesn't stop after the GC

dante73

Registered Users (C)
Maybe I just need to vent.

Even after getting the GC and always obeying the law, I still get stopped, questioned and detained whenever entering the U.S.. They always seem to need to check something ( my name is prettty plain so it's not that)

My last experience was this weekend when coming back from Cananda by land.
One really feels discriminated. At least at the end of the day they let me in...

I know that a lot of you probably go through the same, but I would really like to know if there is anything I can do about it. Do I have to put up with this until I am eligible for citizenship?

Even after getting the GC and always obeying the law, I still get stopped, questioned and detained whenever entering the U.S.. They always seem to need to check something ( my name is prettty plain so it's not that)

One really feels discriminated. At least at the end of the day they let me in...

I know that a lot of you probably go through the same, but I would really like to know if there is anything I can do about it. Do I have to put up with this until I am eligible for citizenship?

Absolutelly, you do bhave to put up with it else they have the right to denny you entry based on wht ever mood they are in and they will give some stupid reasons not to. So untill you obatin an ameican passport, the hassel continues,, unfortunatelly. but if you can fly in and out you will weed out some of thoes junkies...lol.

There probably is a terrorist somewhere who has the same name as you.

Were you detained unjustly or abused in any way or are you just frustrated because it took longer than you anticipated to cross the border? If it's the former than you definitely should ask to speak with a supervisor to lodge a complaint. I think we have to remember that their job is to check everyone. Only by asking questions and doing thorough inspections are they going to catch the bad guys. They aren't going to take your word for it that you obey the law and waive you through. I wouldn't want them to do that with me or anyone else. I find comfort knowing that those guys are digging for information that may ultimately keep us all safe. In the meantime we are all going to face longer delays when we travel.

Hi:

I don't want to scare you, but it doesn't always stop at USC. I've had contact with one particular family who had problems entering under H1B and GC (complicated identity issue, similar name etc.) Now, after they have all been USC for 2 years, they are still stopped and questioned for long periods of time. Since they are USC, they have a right to enter; however, their last entry took about 4 hours.