That Time Again... Comon Everyone

optimistguy

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Gives me memories of the night before Byrd Amendment voting. We can do it again with your support. We have another 12/14 hours to contact the members of the Senate conference committee. Everyone, please take this seriously and do your part.

Here is the letter I drafted. I am going to fax it to all the conf committe members first thing tomorrow. If isnamerica/any other site has e-fax setup for the conf committee members, please let everyone know.

Goodluck again. Lets do our part and leave the rest to God. Comon guy, one last push....

Respected Senator,

I am writing this to request your kind support for the employment based immigration relief provisions (Sections 8001 and 8002 of the Senate passed Version) in the Budget Reconciliation Bill (S.1932). These provisions are the only hope for thosands of legal immigrants who have been standing in line for immigration for several years already and yet find themselves nowhere near their American Dream.

We, the legal immigrant community in US, are so thankful to the honorable US Senate for recognizing the genuine need for relief for employment based immigration and passing the Section 8001 and 8002 with a landslide majority (86 vs 14) voting on the Byrd Amendment. Unfortunately, there are no similar relief provisions included in the house version of the bill and unless the Senate version of Sections 8001 and 8002 are adotped in the final bill, the legal immigrant community will be in dire-straights again.

These provisions in Sections 8001 and 8002 give relief only to the guest workers WHO ARE IN US LEGALLY AND ALREADY LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing only the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like information security, enterprise ERP implementation, large scale datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers even with the guest worker program. Without immediate relief, many of these experienced professionals will be forced to leave the country and find opportunities elsewhere. At a time when many other countries are competing to challenge the IT supremacy of America, it will be a tremendous loss of momentum for the American IT industry, if we were to lose these most experienced and hardworking professionals.

I humbly request you to please support these immigration relief proposals in the budget reconciliation bill and use your good offices to persuade the House conference committee members to support the same. As an important member of the Senate budget reconciliation committe, we humbly request your voice and support for adoption of the Senate passed version of Sections 8001 and 8002 in the final budgetory reconciliation bill (S.1932). The immigrant communtiy in America will be ever greatful to you for your support.

Thanking you once again,

Yours sincerely,

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

optimistguy said:
Friends,

Gives me memories of the night before Byrd Amendment voting. We can do it again with your support. We have another 12/14 hours to contact the members of the Senate conference committee. Everyone, please take this seriously and do your part.

Here is the letter I drafted. I am going to fax it to all the conf committe members first thing tomorrow. If isnamerica/any other site has e-fax setup for the conf committee members, please let everyone know.

Goodluck again. Lets do our part and leave the rest to God. Comon guy, one last push....
Everyone!!!!!
Do send this Fax to your respective senator. We have to do all that we can do!!!

Respected Senator,

I am writing this to request your kind support for the employment based immigration relief provisions (Sections 8001 and 8002 of the Senate passed Version) in the Budget Reconciliation Bill (S.1932). These provisions are the only hope for thosands of legal immigrants who have been standing in line for immigration for several years already and yet find themselves nowhere near their American Dream.

We, the legal immigrant community in US, are so thankful to the honorable US Senate for recognizing the genuine need for relief for employment based immigration and passing the Section 8001 and 8002 with a landslide majority (86 vs 14) voting on the Byrd Amendment. Unfortunately, there are no similar relief provisions included in the house version of the bill and unless the Senate version of Sections 8001 and 8002 are adotped in the final bill, the legal immigrant community will be in dire-straights again.

These provisions in Sections 8001 and 8002 give relief only to the guest workers WHO ARE IN US LEGALLY AND ALREADY LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing only the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like information security, enterprise ERP implementation, large scale datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers even with the guest worker program. Without immediate relief, many of these experienced professionals will be forced to leave the country and find opportunities elsewhere. At a time when many other countries are competing to challenge the IT supremacy of America, it will be a tremendous loss of momentum for the American IT industry, if we were to lose these most experienced and hardworking professionals.

I humbly request you to please support these immigration relief proposals in the budget reconciliation bill and use your good offices to persuade the House conference committee members to support the same. As an important member of the Senate budget reconciliation committe, we humbly request your voice and support for adoption of the Senate passed version of Sections 8001 and 8002 in the final budgetory reconciliation bill (S.1932). The immigrant communtiy in America will be ever greatful to you for your support.

Thanking you once again,

Yours sincerely,