Thanks to the Senator for the RFE.

DIGS

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My sincere thanks to the Senator because of whom the NSC bothered to process my case and shoot a RFE. The RFE has been signed by the Acting Director, NSC/RTF EX277. With such a long delay, I expected RFE, but strangely it is beyond my expectations. My Attorney got the letter and a copy has not been sent to my employer which is a good thing.

The RFE is for 3 issues.
1. Submit evidence of having a degree in Management prior to PD.
2. Submit evidence of having training in IT prior to PD.
3. Submit evidence of having 2 yrs relevant experience prior to PD.

Strange, because all of the above and more have been passed through much before my stepping into the US. I dont know if my Attorney is smart enough to pull out the obvious documents so as to avoid NSC probing into finer details or the AD overlooked the basic. I wish there is no 2nd RFE coming, other experienced members may suggest please. To mention, I was unfortunate in getting two RFEs from the state during the processing of my Labor certification, but it all got approved within 4 months.

I also thank Yuren, Kriskish, Snafu, Mahesh for pushing me to contact the local Senator. I had also pursued with my Attorney to enquire with the NSC, but his plans were still at his desk till the RFE was received. I'm also seeing another 140 case prior to mine which is still untouched. After emailing to the Senator, I got his written reply in a week and the NSC woke up just a week after. I therefore urge all 2004 sufferers, 2003 victims and early 2005 filers to effectively write to your local Senators requesting them to intervene in the processing of your case. It is high time that the NSC is sticking the processing date for skilled professionals to Dec.2003 and continue processing 140 cases in a random fashion..

Until my 140 is approved, the anxiety remains and I would appreciate for fellow members to have their piece of advice.

Thanks.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr04
140 RFE ....finally Aug05

Digs finally u made it

Iam happy to see ur case touched

I dont think my senator will help me until the procesing date crosses my RD

I Wish ur case get approved this month

just a question

im just curious to know...does initiating an enquiry or getting help from a senator irritate the (NSC) officer? Based on what Digs writes, it seems his 140 should have been approved.....(sorry DIGS to use u as an example!)

Any thoughts anyone?

DIGS, will pray for a speedy approval for u!! (i will, and not just say it)

Kishore & Sri ........... Thanks for the wishes & prayers.

Kishore, .........Out of the two Senators representing my state in the US Senate, the first one I wrote to responded very well. You may try with any other(s) available. On checking one's case, the USCIS website suggests to enquire if the case is beyond the anticipated processing time which is 150 to 180 days. You can emphasise on that and about NSC's weird processing vis-a-vis other centers.

Sri, ................Earlier, I too had that phobia about having a negative effect and irritating the NSC officers which made me delay in enquiring, but like me, you and several others, are'nt we much more irritated the way NSC is handling the 140 processing. I could have waited even longer, but if things are fair & square. NSC, at worst can send RFEs which they are invariably doing, but for denying a case they have to come with a strong justification rather than a simple vengeance. I'm however wondering why my case is being processed by the Acting Director, rather than someone down below, although I do take that as positive.

Thanks again.

DIGS

DIGS,

It's a good sign that the case is in process. RFE questions don't appear to be serious issues. So it should sail thru smoothly.

My case was also untouched for a long time. Finally my HR director contacted USCIS and within a week I got RFE. No evidence if it was related or just coincidence.

As far as "Acting Director" thing, even mine rfe is signed by acting director. I think they use templates. The adjudicators write rfe details and add their extension at bottom just below the acting director..It should be the way for them to co-relate when response comes in and thereafter.

All the best..

Same officer code

Hi Digs,

I have the same officer code NSC/RTF EX277 . Mine is ability to pay issue. Ofcourse my employer is yet to respond to it.

Thanks Anil,

It is for this reason, I now request all others waiting longer than the normal, which is 180 days + to pursue with either Senators, Attorney or Employer to enquire about one's case. There needs to be a pressure put on these NSC guys.

FAQ, ..........Good to know that the particular adjudicator has sent RFEs on other issues and looks into the overall case. Wish you good luck for an early approval.

DIGS

Thanks Toraboraus,

Hope your 485 comes through when the new year for USCIS begins this Oct.

DIGS

Thanks JustGC007,

Hope the Attorney replies early and than again it is upto the NSC guys. I wish there wont be further RFEs.

By the way, for an update, I was surprised earlier this afternoon to get a call from the Senator's office mentioning that they got information about the issue of my RFE and that after I (my Attorney) respond to the same, can contact them so that they can send a reminder to NSC. It was certainly very impressive, but would possibly wait a month after the reply, else the NSC would not be impressed by such bugging.

DIGS

DIGS,

You go guy !!. I am happy for you. God bless your senator :) !!. Regardless of the situation, you have been always cheerful and encouraging others.

Your approval is on the way. I wish you good luck.

Hi Yuren,

I'm for WI.

Hi bmt74,

Thanks for the complement. For most GC seekers thru the emmployer, the journey upto the GC is tough as we are at the receiving end. Things around us are not that positive, often otherwise and it is required to balance that. Despite your unjustified delay of 140 approval, your patience is remarkable. I wish that the approvals of you alongwith other early filers, come through at the earliest.

DIGS

Glad to hear that you got good response from your senator.

It seems that you might have approached the senator in the right way.

Would you mind sharing how you contacted the senator and how you
worded your complaint.

We could use that as a method to contact senators.

thanks DIGS.

Hi Waitingnwaiting,

After waiting with little end in sight and with perseverance from some of my fellow wellwishers in this forum, I decided to write to one of the US Senators from my state. You may also be aware of the Statewise Senators' link as below :

http://www.congress.org/congressorg...fficials/?lvl=L

I actually used the concerned senator's website and the 'contact me' link to send an online request. With regard to the letter that I sent, I did not come across any typical format and drafted my own as given below. One may edit to suit one's requirements. :

Name
Company Name
Address (Self or Company)I preferred Self as the Employer was not supportive
Phone # accordingly
Email Id
Date

The Honorable Senator ABC
Address
Washington, D.C. 11111-0000

Subject : Request to enquire with USCIS - NSC for I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) with application # LIN 04137xxxxx

Dear Senator ABC,

We are a ................. company in city, State since 19xx engaged in so&so. I'm an employee working for the said company as ...(position).... on H1B1 visa for over xx years. Based on the company's current & future needs, I'm being sponsored for a permanent position and residency in the US. With a degree in ........ and master's in ............. plus xx years of progressive experience, the company made concurrent applications for my I-140 and I-485 in April 2004. Although, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services is doing commendable work in backlog reduction, my particular application on Immigrant Petition for alien worker (I-140), is still pending for over 470 days at the Nebraska Service Center. As suggested by my employer, I'm sending this letter to you as a request to intervene and seek enquiry in my long pending application. The case details are given under :

Application # : LIN 04137xxxxx
Form type : I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker)
Petitioner : Company Name
Beneficiary : Last name, First Name, MI
Receipt Date : April xx, 2004
Projected Processing Time : 150 to 180 days from receipt date.
Present Pending Time : Over 470 days with no updates or queries.
Total I-140 cases pending at NSC with receipt dates of April 2004 : Less than 10%.

I also take this opportunity to inform that despite the Nebraska service center indicating to process I-140 cases with receipt dates of Dec. 2003, there have been cases approved in good numbers for receipt dates in the years 2004 & 2005. As a comparison, the other Centers, at Vermont, Texas and California are presently processing I-140 cases with receipt dates between March & April, 2005.

I once again greatly appreciate for your taking time to look into this long pending matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Name
Position
Company Name
City, State, Zip
Email Id

Although my employer did not and never would worry about my 140 approval, I wrote the same to make some extra impact.

Good luck.

DIGS

thanks very much DIGS for the detailed format.
I will use that format to contact my senator.
I modify that to enquire about my I-485.

once again thanks for the detailed response.

Hi Digs,

Hope you will get your approval soon. Glad to see your case finally being touched.

I'm also from WI. Can you let me know which Senator did you contact? I contacted my local congresswoman but not the Senator. She told me that my case is stuck with a security check and there is nothing much she can do expect wait and check back with NSC again. I was wondering may be a Senator enquiry would be more "powerful" than local congresswoman.

Thanks.