• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Thanks To Everyone That Contributes In This Forum---all Done

Fiestoca

Registered Users (C)
Well finally everything has fallen into place, finally got all of my documents, I'll be going to the DMV in my state next week (they require a set of 5 different documents), besides that I'm all done.

It will be a year (In a couple of weeks) since that weird looking white envelope changed my life and the way it is going to go for at least the next 10 years, sincerely without the help of the people from this forum I wouldn't have been able to make it, although I wasn't ask for any documentation in the American US embassy in La Paz (except a Police Certificate of my Exchange Student HS experience in Australia) people advice really help understand the process and gave me a picture of the roadmap in order to get a GC successfully. (I consider this forum so useful that I've even add it to wikipedia)

I was even able to help other people (from my hometown not computer savy necessarily) that had no idea about the process and how to handle it for a successful outcome (I'll post his experience next week since he has already authorized me to do so).

The only downside of this all was the lack of professionalism of the medical lab (I was never ID'd for the blood samples, nor for picking up the results) in La Paz Bolivia and the fact that the Doctor didn't made a thorough examination (for the safety of all shouldn't be this way) .

Anyways I'm happy that everything worked the way I was expecting and wish everybody that has a case to be resolved (call it CP or AOS) a successful ending to all the process. (only people that has gone trough this knows the uncertainty and desperation that all of this process brings)

Although I'm getting really bored without being able to drive I know it's a gradual process and people should think of their future life in the US as a long term process (specially with the economic downturn), but happy with the perspectives now that I've completed my documentation (even seems that I'll be able to score an few work interviews next month).

One last advice Bank of America (I don't know if others do but this is the one I've tried) allow me to open a SAVINGS and a CHECKING ACCOUNT without the SSN (just by presenting 2 different forms of ID 1.passport (they didn't allow the DV visa to act as a second documentation 2. credit card VISA from home country), they also have a pre paid VISA card (product) which can be a useful tool towards building credit (they claim that it can be roll into a full credit card after 6 months). just my 2 cents.

THANKS ALL and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!:):confused: (both because I don't know what life and faith here has planned for me)