Thanks God, Received RFE

POJ, my officer no 63

PrinceofJungle said:
I believe Att received on Thursday/Friday 12/13th.
It seems we all are in same boat, you , 'gsala' and me. :D
what is ur officer No?(me/19) if u don't feel to post send me pvt
keep in touch.
POJ my officer no 63

aig said:
POJ my officer no 63

:D thanks,

we (three u , gsala, me) have a lot of case similarity from RD/ND -FP - RFE.... and progress.... sound like in same batch but were distributed to diff officers.

Wish u good luck both u and gsala. keep in touch.

Good Luck

Jharkhandi said:
Hi POJ,

Not sure if I am on time or not!
!
Yes u are :D

Jharkhandi said:
It is fairly straight RFE(and you know that) - usually sent out when they are about to adjudicate(and when they have to show that there was indeed some sort of complication to hold the case decisions).
Yes I am thinking same way, and I hope everything would be fine :D.

Jharkhandi said:
This time just get chest X-ray done - don't get skin test again. Skin test will always yield +ve(all your life).
I went to same clinic, showed them the RFE, I highlighted and focused specially the word 'duly executed' and 'include xray-report', they pull the records and I learned that the 'x-ray report' is in seperate single paper (with some yes/no checks when radiologist analysis and it checks the boxes), that paper usually they don't put in envelope, they only writes 'x-ray' normal in I693 form, and they keep x-ray radiologist report to them for records, and they have no answers for 'duly executed'. or trying to cover it.

All they did they refilled the form with old date, I signed, doc signed, and they included x-ray seprate paper report.

I believe if officer was looking for only x-ray report to complete his side of paper work, the report is there although it date is 2003. I hope he/she wouldn't have any issue to accepting it.

My understanding is they need certified phy to give them reqiured medical clearance in writting.

I had no problem to go ahead for re-exam but if Doc don't think it is necessary and they are verbaly/written telling/writing of clearance.

I hope everything would be fine, and whatever God. wishes.

Jharkhandi said:
I had my skin-test positive too but was lucky not to get any RFE. (got chest x-ray too - which was OK). Later I realized I should have requested doctor to mention only x-ray and nothing else(pretty co-operative fellow). One of my collegues got RFE to furnish the proof that medication was administred on him OR reason why he should be exempt! Rare but happens in few cases!
I see,

TSC hasn't ackw yet, and waiting. I hope I am not getting RFE again

just keep remember in prays.

Sincerly
POJ

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceofJungle said:
:D thanks,

we (three u , gsala, me) have a lot of case similarity from RD/ND -FP - RFE.... and progress.... sound like in same batch but were distributed to diff officers.

Wish u good luck both u and gsala. keep in touch.

Good Luck
Just a little difference :
I still didn't receive a "paper" RFE (neither my lawyer) .
The USCIS website says that the RFE was sent on May 11th...
:(

re:

Guys i am in the same boat too except i havent received RFE yet. in my medical the doc mentioned chest xray as abnormal too and wrote that 'i dont have active tb'. also he advsised me on medication which i have completed. now do i need to get a letter from the doc that i have completed medication if i do get a RFE.

Ok .. Some good news :
My lawyer called me this Tuesday morning that he received the RFEs:
All of us had a photo RFE and my daughter also got a medical RFE.
Few words about the RFEs :
- When we made the medical just before we submitted the 485 my dauther was 13. Now she is 16 and there are some additional exams for people over 15. (HIV and something else ). So, the RFE was that the medical is "incomplete" :rolleyes:

- The photo: when we submitted the 485. I made a photo with digital camera and printed at home. Now I know that these photos could deteriorate over time and , besides, the format of the photo changed in mid 2003 .
So I made a new pictures, but printed them in Walmart 1hour photolab.

Today I gave the photos and the medical exam to my lawyer ...

hello gsala,

Its good finally u got RFE, I hope they would accept new photos u sent.

But I would never advise home made photo even printed in walmart.
becz light, shade,bkgd, and other minor things may trigger issue.
I already have long debate with photo studio 'how come they can charge 2X$7+tax and all additional 2 with same price while they are using Digital camera all they need to charge cost of additional copy that usually < $0.5 cent. and they are enouch smart to refuse to give digital format so we can printout somehwere else.

The quick budget method (digital>analog>digital) I found to scan single photo in photoshop retouch photo using tools/filter and make copies in block 4x4 and print it out from anywhere. :D , would cost $0.29 for four additional photo. :D all I need is seizer/paper cutter.

I just learned that 'bhutu' also have similar and close dates we are following.
chekc his thread too.

Good Luck,

Hi , Prince!
Unfortunately , I lost the discussion about the photos, but I disagree .

If you have a digital camera, photo cutter and some minimal experience with photoshop, you can create a better photo then the professional guy .

A typical american home or apartment should have a white (or uniformly painted wall )
You can easily arrange an almost adecuate lighting using 2 lamps.

- Don't use flash.
-Manully configure the white balance.
-Use a tripod if you can ($18+tax at Walmart for 57" tripod )
- Try to avoid shadows ...
- Do not wear gray closes (or the same color that your background is)
- use the best quality your camera allows : minimal compression, maximum resolution (at least 2 Mpixel)

Read the official site at
http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html
(See the menu on the left side. There is no "Next" option unfortunately )

Once the photo is made , open it with the photoshop , use color selection (feather 5-10 pixels) and increase brightness/ decrease contrast on the background to make the backgroung perfectly white (you may add some light color , to make it more "natural" )
Also, you can use the "dodge" tool (5-20%) to "lighten" the shadows on the face ...
After that you'll get a pretty good picture ... (for advenced users : you may select the skin and using blur (on the skin only!) make some "digital makeup" )
When you have the picture ready, select the rectangle for the final picture and copy the selected picture.
Choose the resolution (I used 400 dpi , but 300 should be enough ) so your copied picture should be bigger then the 2 inches using this resolution (800 or 600 pix respectively ) .
Downsize the picture to get the 2" x 2" with desired resolution .
Now create an empty 4" x 6" picture with the same resolution (for 400 dpi it will be 1600 x 2400 and carefully copy the picture 6 times
(to put the picture in the correct place: select with the mouse the target rectangle (you may zoom the image for a pixel precision ... ) and then 'paste' the image)

You'll get the 4"x6" image with 6 pictures ... print in walmart - 1 hour print is 0.19+tax ...
The only inconvinience I had was that there was really tough to put my name on the back of the phono using a pencil ...
I used the same technique for the EAD and visas photos ..

Why I'm not just paying $7 ? Well the problem is not the money : My wife never likes how she looks in the "instant photos" ...
With digital camera she has an oportunity to choose the photo she likes more :)

gsala said:
Well the problem is not the money : My wife never likes how she looks in the "instant photos" ...
With digital camera she has an oportunity to choose the photo she likes more :)

:D :D I agree with the reason u are posting. and u are not alone on this boat :D

Didn't she know that more looking good in photo mean Officer will keep the file more days on front of desk :D :D . and don't blame her using this reason/logic which delayed your G.C. or u would be sleeping without dinner tonight. :D

Prince!

What is your officer#. I also had medical like you. Will they send any second RFE after first RFE. or do RFE come only once?

Are you asking me or Prince ?
I , actually, didn't see the RFEs , my lawyer called me and told me what the RFEs were about , so I don't know my officer #
As far as I know there was a single RFE per person ...

red020 said:
What is your officer#. I also had medical like you. Will they send any second RFE after first RFE. or do RFE come only once?

sent u pvt msg.

plz refresh ur RD/ND FP and about RFE?

I485 RFE re positive TB skin test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During my I-485 medical in Dec 2003, my skin test was positive but my chest X-ray was normal. The civil surgeon had recommended following up with the local TB clinic. However I was not aware of the recommendation at that time and did not follow up.

Recently I got an RFE on 485 asking if I had followed up with TB clinic. Following the RFE, I went to the TB clinic and got on a 9 month treatment for inactive TB which will be completed in April 2006.

My attorney filed a response back to RFE with evidence of this followup.

Can my I-485 be approved only after completing the treatment in April 2006? Is the fact that I am getting treatment for inactive TB sufficient for approval now. Anyone in this situation?

Thanks
FP 9/30/04
LUD (FP Received) 10/05/04
LUD (No Change in Msg) 12/23/04
Spouse 2nd EAD RD 03/25/05
Spouse 2nd AP RD 03/11/05

sailprao said:
During my I-485 medical in Dec 2003, my skin test was positive but my chest X-ray was normal. The civil surgeon had recommended following up with the local TB clinic. ...............................

Can my I-485 be approved only after completing the treatment in April 2006? Is the fact that I am getting treatment for inactive TB sufficient for approval now. Anyone in this situation?

Don't worry about, I strongly believe they won't delay it, as u already have submited the proof of follow-up.

The following paragraph may help to und more clearly
---------------------------------
http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm

Why are medical exams needed?

Medical examinations verify good health and admissibility to the United States on medical grounds. The exam can identify medical conditions that require follow-up medical care after emigration to the U.S. or adjustment of status to permanent residence
--------------------------------------------

It is clearly saying that even any condition exists they won't stop ur GC just becuase of that,

I believe all they would do is they would ask u to followup rest of procedure. becz once you are there in clinic they may notify to INS that u didn't keep follow-up.

Don't worry about it, they would grant the G.C to you :D . pray and trust on God, everything will be fine. :D

Good Luck