Thank you USCIS for the Visa Bullet

Probably I am little better situation than you. But still sucked.

I am came in 98 still on H1. I do have EAD. Diidn't use it. Name check pending from last more than year.

ciril99 said:
Well, I came here in 1998 and going to enter into 10th H1B next year. Still alive, wife can't work, labor and I-140 approved but can't file I-485 due to the fact that priority dates are not current.
:mad:

you are exactly right

ciril99 said:
Wow, you are really lucky person having good job, second H1 and making more money...but the fact is my friend..... not all in this country having "luxuries" what you have.

gmdetroit said:
pdnov2005,

Question: What will be the possibility of getting the H1B approved and also resetting ur clock to ZERO so that he can work on that H1 for six years.

My understanding is that you can reset the clock to zero on H1B only if you have lived outside the USA for 1 year.

Consult an attorney. It will be worth the $50-60 / hour they charge

eddie_d said:
Is that how you speak to all people? Such class you have. I never said their life has no problems. I said they should look on the bright side of things and be happy with what they have....see the glass 1/2 full.

I never said it was easy, most things worth having in life are hard. You don't have to be in tech or a nurse to get a work visa, there are many categories like finance, education, architecture, engineering and many many more.

When did I say anything about Canada? I haven't been to Canada in about 2.5 years if you must know. And besides why is going to India such a bad option?

Are you blind? I said I have been in the US since 1999 on work visas. I am walking excatly in your shoes. However I don't constantly complain about it.

Then stop with the "they are taking away my freedom" posts. You sound ridiculous when you say that.

I am on an H1B visa just like you...they don't give special H1Bs to Canadians or is that what you think? If so you're dead wrong. Exact same rules apply when it comes to immigration for Canadians as for Indians, no better, no worse. My life is no easier or harder than yours, I am in the EXACT same situation as you which is why I laugh when I read these "oh poor me, my freedom is being taken away" posts.

And how do you think your complaints of "poor me I have to wait" resonate with people who have to wait IN THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN? You are working, living in the US, enjoying all the benefits of America....and yet you do nothing but complain. There are millions of people all over the world who would trade places with you in a second just at the chance to be in the US...and yet all you do is bitch and complain. Shame on you.

Well let me point out 3 facts.

1) There is something called a TN visa, and Canadians unlike Indians can get it, oh and there is no quota and no time limit.

2) Canada has 35-40 million people. India about 35 times that. The immigration quotas are the same. In fact, the rule is so dumb that Anguilla with its 5000 people also has a 7% quota, so hypothetically everyone there could come to the US in the same year! Ridiculous policy for EB based NOTE EB based immigration.

3) Canada is a rich country, in fact were it not such a welfare state, in many ways it may be even wealthier than the USA. Of course Canadians like the US can run their country anyway they want. However some of the happenings in EB immigration are grossly unfair to some Indians waiting in queue here for a long time.

I think you are misunderstanding peoples frustration for something else.

thats correct but u can come for visits for leisure/business during that 1 year..just not H1/L1

puvathoor said:
My understanding is that you can reset the clock to zero on H1B only if you have lived outside the USA for 1 year.

Consult an attorney. It will be worth the $50-60 / hour they charge

I agree....

:mad:
techy2468 said:
:
being on a temporary visa makes 10 times difference to my life...
i can just go on and on......
It was the recession to hold to a small sucking company , and now its the GC to keep continue, I feel threatened everyday, loosing differential GREEN bills everyday. WHEN does the GC Sun rise?

To Eddie_d: Your wife is USC, so why are you here ???

Eddie_d,

I'm curious, you said your wife is USc (=US citizen) , so why are you here ? I though you would get GC much much much sooner than us H1B .

My co-worker was H1B, we came to US at same date . After 3 years he grabbed an US citizen, then after 18 months he got GC.

eddie_d said:
I hate to burst all of your sadness bubbles, but so what? I have been in the US since 1999 and I'm not a permanent resident. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel sorry for you all or what?

Only reason I am going though the PR process now now is because my wife (USC) wants me to get a green card. But to be quite honest if I had to live another 10 years on temporary work visas, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Aside from your spouses not being able to work (and why don't they get their own work visa? :confused: ) there's nothing you can't do that someone with PR can. I have a great paying job. I own a home. I leave and enter the US as I please, I pay the same taxes, have the same access to all government services as everyone else....life isn't all too bad, and all this on an H1B visa.

Reading some of these posts you'd think the writers were in a Siberian prison camp or something talking about taking away your freedom, give me a break folks. :rolleyes: