Thank You Lord SHIVA for making me hear the magic words on the AVM

Received Courtesy Copy on Monday

Hello All,

We received our courtesy copies yes\'day. Will keep you all posted on the stamping experience.

Thanks
Ramesh D
[Details = EB2/RIR/INDIA/ PD 9-99/RD 9-00/ ND 10-00 / FP 01-01 / AD 9/5/01]

Passport stamped in San Diego, CA on 9/13/2001

Hello All,

I join you one and all in MOURNING the loss of INVALUABLE lives and PROPERTY caused by the DASTARDLY, COWARDICE act of the terrorists.

Both mine and my wife\'s Passports were stamped in San Diego, CA INS office in Front St. The office was open today and there was a lot of CROWD. We reached at 7:00 am in the morning and there were at least 150-200 people ahead of us. We were allowed inside by 8:45. We got to the receipt counter by 9:30. We were called in at 11:00 am. The officer just received the 2 photos, got our FPs and signature (I believe on the I-89 form), stamped the Passports and said "You will get the card in 1 year". The whole process was smooth but for the LONG wait (My god, why is 4 hours so LONG after a 2 years wait ?????). I made a blunder by parking in the US Courthouse parking lot. It was REALLY EXPENSIVE $18 (for a day, @ $2 for 15 mins, yes 2 $ / 15 mins.).

Good luck to you all waiters!!! I am available for any help that I can provide. Once again thank you Mr. Rajiv S Khanna, who happened to be my counsel and also this website\'s owner.

Thanks,
Ramesh D

No Title

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please tell me how many days passed from when AVM changed to case approved until You received your courtesy copy. Our AVM has changed on thursday - it said that the notice was mailed on Thursday. We live in Orange County and haven\'t received it yet. ALso, do you get only one notice for the whole family or individual ones. Does the attorney also get it?

Thanks,
Maja

It took approx 4 days

Maja,

The case was approved on Sep 5, 2001. The AVM was updated on Sep 6, 2001. We received the courtesy copies (one each for me and my wife in separate envelopes) on Sep 11, 2001. But the mailing date on the envelope was Sep 7, 2001. The original goes to the attorney. You get the courtesy copy. I think that due to the TUESDAY\'s DISASTER mail may be delayed... If u live in OC, I heard ppl go to the Westminster office instead of the LA downtown office. Good luck. I do work in OC. How abt you ?

Thanks,
Ramesh D

No Title

Ramesh, thanks a lot for the info. I also work in OC. Do you happen to know if on the envelope it says something like \'do not forward\' since we changed the address recently and I am now worried that they mailed it to the old address (and I heard that INS mail does not get forwarded) and it got returned to them. I am so worried - I still check the message every night and it still says \'the approval notice was mailed on sept. 6th\' - it\'s been more than a week now. Thanks a lot again.

The envelope does not read "DO NOT FOWARD"

But I have heard that ppl advise not to move till you get the 485/GC. Again I have read somewhere that it does get forwarded...

If in doubt, call your atty., since they muts have received the original. Call them. Again as I mentioned due to flight groundings there is a POSSIBILITY that MAIL might be delayed....

Good Luck.
Thx,
Ramesh D
P.S.: Please send me private message if you need to have a private conversation