Thank you for the website

Asyle12

Registered Users (C)
Granted asylum 02/98
I-485 RD 09/01
FP 06/04
FP schedule 7/14

Iam new here and Iam glad I found this website. :)
I have a few question for those who just got GC approval. Sorry if you already discussed this before.
What is the actually procedure after FP. Is medical exam required ? When I applied I did not attach medical exam since it is not required. Or they just sent an approval after FP without asking for medical exam ? :)

Thank you for your reply

Asyle12 said:
Granted asylum 02/98
I-485 RD 09/01
FP 06/04
FP schedule 7/14

Iam new here and Iam glad I found this website. :)
I have a few question for those who just got GC approval. Sorry if you already discussed this before.
What is the actually procedure after FP. Is medical exam required ? When I applied I did not attach medical exam since it is not required. Or they just sent an approval after FP without asking for medical exam ? :)

Thank you for your reply
After doing your FP, you will either get a request for further evidence (RFE) or you will be approved instantly provided you do not have a bad legal history. However, since you did not do your medical exam the RFE will likely include a medical exam to make sure you are not HIV positive. RFE can also include a simple thing as proof of stay in the USA or it can be complex as including more evidence and more files to fill. Let us hope that they will only ask you for a medical exam. good luck

I do not know where you guys getting this thing about “no medical exam required” from. When I applied, not only my lawyer specifically told me to do one, but, the former INS check list asked for it. I know several people who applied with me, and they all had their medical exam sent along with the apps.

Oh well, may be this is a new thing, since I applied in 2000 ;) .

No bringslight, you are mistaken .
Here is what I-485 instructions says (NOTE: The I-693 should not be filed with the initial asylum based I-485 adjustment application. This information will be requested at the time of adjudication.)