Thank God...Eventually I-485 Approved

nagoct2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

The stressful journey is over eventually. yesterday I and my wife got approval email. it nearly 27 months.Rfe(Got married after 485 appiled) issued on august 5th 2004 ..but it never reached because of wrong address..we called three months for requesting Nebraska about non-delivery RFE ...I contacted Senator and she helped us and updated our address to the correct address. Eventually my wife received her RFE on December 3rd regarding her F1 Status. We sent Degree certificate, transcripts, lease copy, utility bills and other stuff. We received RFE for both of us on December 30th. Employment Verification, G-28 form and for my wife about her F1 status and reason for staying in california(her school is in Texas). We sent letter from designated school official that she graduated from university and living with me. after so many frustating phases the approval mail came yesterday at 9.45PM. it's a great relief than happiness or excitement.Thanks for all of you. I visited every day this site though I am not very active member. I hope all of you get approval very soon.

140/485(concurrent)
ND: Oct 29th 2002.
RFE: August 5th 2004
Requesting NON-Delivery RFe: September 7th 2004
Requesting NON-Delivery RFE: October 9th 2004
Requesting NON-Delivery RFE: November 9th 2004.
Contacted Senator on : November 12th 2004.
Received RFE: December 3 2004.
Replied on : December 8th 2004.
Received Rfe for Both on : December 30th.
Replied Rfe on : January 11th 2005.
USCIS received or updated on : January 19th 2005.
Lud change on: January 21.
Lud change on January 24.
Approved Date : January 25th

Congrats !!! Finally it worked out !!!!! Could you please let us know whether your case was EB2 or EB3 .. and if EB3 then whats the PD .

Thanks . Good luck and Enjoy !!!

Can you post the detail of you wife's ND/RD

I am in the same boat applied in DEC 2002 wife applied in 2003 and she got an RFE so wanted to check if my case is similar to yours
your First RFE was for your wife only right?
Thanks

Thanks you ,My case is EB3. PD date is oct 19 2002. Rfe is for my wife case.

Hai Zipper,
They requested information that we are not married to evade immigration laws and she entered USA with valid Visa and maintained F1 status till she applied AOS status. So we sent
1)Lease Copy.
2)w2 Forms.
3) Bank Statement(Joint Account).
4) Utility Bills.
5) Credit card Statements.
6) Degree Certificate.
7) Official Transcript.
8) I 20 (University)
9) Designated School Official Letter.

I hope this information will help you.

thanks,
Nag

Approved too!! Whats next?

Hi,

We also got the approval email today. Whats next? I guess the card and stamping on the passports? How long does it take? Thanks

-Wali

Congrats

nagoct2002 said:
Thanks you ,My case is EB3. PD date is oct 19 2002. Rfe is for my wife case.

Hai Zipper,
They requested information that we are not married to evade immigration laws and she entered USA with valid Visa and maintained F1 status till she applied AOS status. So we sent
1)Lease Copy.
2)w2 Forms.
3) Bank Statement(Joint Account).
4) Utility Bills.
5) Credit card Statements.
6) Degree Certificate.
7) Official Transcript.
8) I 20 (University)
9) Designated School Official Letter.

I hope this information will help you.

thanks,
Nag

Your PD date is Oct 19 and ND Oct 29!!!

Congratulations nagoct2002 ,

Are you from any one of the retrogression effected countries (India, China or Phil)

I am from India.
and I do not remember finger print dates. ...but my last finger print is
in june 20th..2004.

Thanks you very much.