Thank God !! Company name change approved without I-140 redo(Satyender)

Satyender

Registered Users (C)
Ladies and Gentleman:

I am pleased to inform that me and my wife\'s I-485 has been approved( as per AVM) after waiting for nearly 5 years on July 11,2001. I feel so relieved that it is finally over.

My details are as follows --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 1996 -- Filed regular labour certifiacation.
Sept 1998 -- Got labour certifiacation approved.
Nov 1998 -- Filed I-140
May 1999 -- Got I-140 approved
Waited for 4 months to get PD current.
Filed I-485 in sept 20,1999
FP - Mar 7,2001
Replied RFE for employment letter April 6,2001
April 24 2001 --Case went On hold due to company name change
June 19,2001 -- AC21 regulations released hold on my case resulting in approval on July 11,2001
Got two EAD \'s since oct 99.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One can see that I had tough time in getting green card approved.Getting through the whole process would have been more difficult without this excellent web site. I observed following during last few years...

1.Waiting for regulations regarding company name change cases was the most frustrating period in the entire process. I know how it feels when people who filed nearly a year after you are getting approved while your case is lying unapproved . It took more than eight months for INS to release these regulations . In the meantime people like me suffered.

2. Luck plays a big role in the entire process.

3.Even though you pay fee for filing I-485 there is no accountabilty on part of INS to get your file adjudicated in timely fashion.
One has to redial at least for 25 minutes to get a chance to talk with IIO and yet get no meaningful information.

I wish best of luck to everybody especially for those who are still waiting due to company name change.

Satyender

No Title

Good for you Satyendar .. It\'s about time that some people get the relief that is sought. All the others .. keep the faith .. we\'ll all sail thru !

No Title

Congrats! Enjoy your life with peace of mind and lots of fun. Good luck in yr future endeavours.

No Title

Congratulations Satyendar.. You sure tried much to resolve the name change issue. Happy that you are done now.

No Title

Satyender,

congrats! Your patience sure has paid off. Hope that all company name change cases get approved soon...

No Title

Hi Satyender,
     Congrats!!! Enjoy your freedom.

Wish you good luck.

No Title

Hi Satyender,
 I am about to file my third stage next week. I came to know that my company name is going to be changed because of takeover. I understand how much mental struggle you underwent because of this. After reading your case, i feel i too will undergo the same. My attorney suggests that a amendement needs to be made for my I 140. In your case i believe you didn\'t do that. What is AC21 regulation....? When find time can you reply in detail the third stage and how you handled the company name change process ?

Sai

No Title

Sai:

With AC21 regulations released on June 19 there is no need to file I-140 again. You have to provide INS with an updated employment letter. I do not see any probelms.

Satyender