Thank God!! Approved finally ...

prajaram

Banned
It almost seems like the interminable wait of GC isn't over until you post the approval here and share your happiness with others :) And, I have soooo longed to do that!

My (and my wife's) 485 was approved on Sep. 12th. Came to know about it only on the 13th probably because the AVM didn't get updated soon after COB on 12th. Anyway, mine was an RFE case (8/1/2002) asking for prospect of future employment, passport copies and tax return for 2001. I was actually getting ready to call the IIO on the one month anniversary of my response having reached the INS but was lucky to have the approval just before that.

True to the saying "Misery loves company" it felt good to hear the happiness and sadness (don't exactly mean it that way) from other people here. And ofcourse, the elements of habib, habibi and so many other incarnations of the same "helped" in removing the mind from this winding process.

Thanks to all those frequent posters (dma_va, vivek, geeceesaga, patiencegc .... etc etc ) who kept the momentum up. And for people who complained, like ric2, that others were greedily absorbing information without posting, here's a funny :

I have posted a few times advising people who were in trouble. But, out of 10 times that I attempted, about 2 times the posts were successful! This is because of my stupidity in choosing an id of "Palaniappan Rajaram" (ahhh... that treacherous blank space!!). I would log-in, post, and hit submit, only to find myself at the login screen again. It is like, not being able to get ourselves out of "mute" and trying to scream at the telephone. And finally, I caved and requested a new id "prajaram" just in time for my approval. :)

It has been a very uncertain, shaky bottomed, 3years since the start of the GC process and looking forward to things getting better and hoping the same for everyone. Good luck!

Thanks

Raj
(Palaniappan Rajaram)

Hi,
Mine too RFE case got approved on 12th sep, when I checked up on 13th morning it did't change but it changed in the evening. Anyway best of luck and when we can expect the approval letters?