Tgif

gambler

Registered Users (C)
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
wrod as a wlohe. amzanig huh?

university admissions anyone?

Ms Brooks was having trouble with one of her first-grade pupils.

"Johnny, what is your problem?"

Johnny answered, "I'm too smart for the first Grade.My sister is in third grade and I'm smarter than sheis! I think I should be in the third-grade too!"

Ms Brooks had had enough, so she took Johnny to the principal's office. The principal agreed that he would give the boy a testand if he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the first-grade and behave.

He started by asking Johnny some simple arithmetic.

"What is three times three?"

"Nine, Sir."

"How much is nine times six?"

"Fifty-four."

And so it went with every question the principal thought a third-grade should know.

The principal looked at Ms Brooks and said, "I think Johnny can go to third grade! He seems smart enough."

Ms Brooks said to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions?"

The principal and Johnny both agreed.

Ms Brooks asked, "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?"

Johnny, after a moment, answered "Legs, Ma'am"

"What is in your pants that you have but I do nothave?"

"Pockets!"

"OK, what does a dog do that a man steps into?"

"Pants."

"What starts with a C and ends with a T, is hairy,oval, delicious and contains thin whitish liquid?"

"Coconut. !"

"What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?"

The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop the answer, Johnny was taking charge.

"Bubblegum!"

"What does a man do standing up, a woman does! sitting down and a dog does on three legs?"

"Shake hands, Ma'am."

"Now for some "Who am I" sort of questions, OK?

Firstone.

You stick your poles inside me, you tie me downto get me up, and I get wet before you do."

Johnny, quick as ever, answered, "Tent!"

"OK, a finger goes in me. You fiddle with me whenyou're bored. The best man always has me first."

The Principal was looking restless and a bit tense. But Johnny was on the ball with

"Wedding Ring!"

"I come in many sizes. When I'm not well, I drip. When you blow me, you feel good."

"Nose."

"Right, I have a stiff shaft, my tip penetrates, and I come with a quiver."

"Arrow."

"Good, now for the last one. What word starts with an'F', ends in K', and means a lot of heat and excitement?"

"Fire truck, Ma'am!"

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and said to the teacher, "Send him to university!!!!, I got the last ten questions wrong myself!"

One from my side: enjoy

RAM and LSI-man started looking for the missing i-node, c+ta all over the forest. They made friendship with the forest admin SU-greev and his powerful co-processor ha-NEUMAN. ha-NEUMAN was a legendary figure. He was a child prodigy and came up with newer methedologies and techniques which inspired many others.In particular his RAM mantra technique became extremely popular for generations. SU-greev agreed to help RAM but first wanted help from RAM to delete his own root node VAALI. SU-greev's intention was obvious. He wanted to be the only admin around & wanted to grab all the RAM fought with VALLI and surprised him using some un-documented features.VALLI cried foul and started complaining to the justice department saying that it was not a fair fight.RAM then convinced everyone using his trademark MICRO SOFT WORDs coupled with a few FREE vedic goodies.Though some of the onlookers such as ORACLE (seer)and pancha bhutas such as SUN, disagreed with RAM's micro soft touch,they all shut their mouths fearing RAM's reach among the user community. SU-greev was happy with the outcome and ordered his programmers to use powerful 'search' techniques to find the missing c+ta. His programmers searched all around the INTER-NETworked forests. Some of them shouted 'YAA-HOO' but ended up with 'not found' messages. Several other search techniques proved useless. ha-NEUMAN using a radically different paradigm devised a RISKy technology and used it to cross the seas at astonishing clock speeds. On the way he bumped with a few satellite signals but was able to avoid deflections due to his own high strength. As soon as ha-NEUMAN reached LAN-ka, he had to collide with its firewall called LAN-ki. The firewall made disperate attempts to stop ha-NEUMAN entering into its internal web, but the great ha-NEUMAN detected a loop hole in LAN-ki's firewall. Using micro code, he broke the security and entered LAN-ka. After doing some local search, ha-NEUMAN found C+ta weeping under the weight of a TREE structure. ha-NEUMAN used a UUID (ring) to identify himself to C+ta. After decrypting the key, C+ta believed in him and asked him to send a STATUS_OK message to RAM. Meanwhile all the raakshasa BUGS around C+ta tied ha-NEUMAN and tried to terminate him using pyro-techniques. But ha-NEUMAN managed to spread chaos among the raakshasas by spreading the fire using some side effects. Several raakshasa programmers were later called to restore the operational stability in LAN-ka. ha-NEUMAN happily escaped LAN-ka again and conveyed all the STATUS messages to RAM and SU-greev. RAM felt happy with ha-NEUMAN's methedology of execution and embarked on a project code named EXPLORER to delete the netESCAPING RAW-wan. In the mean time, signs were apparent in LAN-ka about the imminent danger from RAM's project EXPLORER, but RAW-wan refused to budge. Sensing disaster, his own sub-program called vibhee-SHUN, executed a 'go to' statement and branched out to RAM's camp. RAW-wan still insisted on taking the all powerful RAM head-on. He decided to use the boons given to him by SUN, SHIVA etc.and prepared for the battle on a remote island on LAN-ka called JAVA.He thought that his presence in JAVA will give him victory over RAM. RAM and his entourage made small and buggy progress in the begining but the world community on the whole started watching them with awe. In the battle on JAVA island, it appeared initially that RAM had no chance. In fact one of the RAW-wan's SUN (son) almost killed RAM & LSI-man with a powerful brahma-astra called JAVA-BEAN. It appeared for a while that the world has seen the end of RAM's MICRO SOFT touch. But ha-NEUMAN resorted to some ACTIVE-Xgradients and concocted a potion using some herbs. His powerful HERBAL-COMPUTER aided him in making this potion which restarted RAM and LSI-man. Appearing, reluctant RAM used the source code secrets of RAW-wan given by vibhee-SHUN and once and for all wiped out RAW-wan's presense on earth. He proved again that even the so called invincible RAW-wan cannot be netESCAPED from his power. After the battle, RAM spreaded his MICRO SOFT WORKS and other user friendly programs to all users across the world and every one lived happily thereafter.

It feels good to come back to TGIF................

Republican Lightbulb Replacement Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many republicans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three. One to change the bulb, one to call the media to publicize it, and one to blame the electric bill on the democrats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gambler
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
wrod as a wlohe. amzanig huh?

------------------

NOT that fast!
One thing that's missing from the above conclusion was 'the context'.
How would you read the word "iprmoetnt" if it was by itself (not in a sentence)?
Would it be: 'important' or 'impotent'? :)

Wal-Mart Cost Cuts

Wal-Mart in a cost cutting effort to bring you lower prices has redesigned the uniform for their greeters. The new uniforms will save over $45 million dollars annually and will allow the greeters even greater range of motion, an added bonus for greeters over the age of 55.

Albert Young of the Oxford, Mississippi store shows the new uniform in the picture provided. Mr. Sam Walton would be proud.

******See the attachment*********

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Tgif

Originally posted by GC012002
------------------

NOT that fast!
One thing that's missing from the above conclusion was 'the context'.
How would you read the word "iprmoetnt" if it was by itself (not in a sentence)?
Would it be: 'important' or 'impotent'? :)
GC012002, the answer depends on whether Johnny answered the question or the principal :D :D For details see above.

Re: Re: Re: Tgif

Originally posted by gambler
GC012002, the answer depends on whether Johnny answered the question or the principal :D :D For details see above.

LOL!!!! Good reply :D

Woman Reading

A couple goes on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife likes to read. One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book.
Along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, "Good morning Ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies, (thinking "isn't that obvious?")

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment."

"Have a nice day Maam", and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.