Texas Vs Newark Time Line for Citizenship.

Sky_Drow

Registered Users (C)
Friends, Need your expert opinion...

Currently I live in NJ and got a good opportunity in Texas ( Richardson area )
and also in Dallas. we are 2 years away to file for citizenship.

I am wondering, staying in NJ is better or moving to Texas (Dallas) is better from processing time line point of view for citizenship process. I heard that in Newark, Interview and Oath happens at the same day. Is it the same case in Texas too ?

In 9 to 12 months, we get citizenship certificate in Newark, How about in Texas ?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Sky_Drow said:

I am wondering, staying in NJ is better or moving to Texas (Dallas) is better from processing time line point of view for citizenship process. I heard that in Newark, Interview and Oath happens at the same day. Is it the same case in Texas too ?

In 9 to 12 months, we get citizenship certificate in Newark, How about in Texas ?

in texas if you are lucky enough u get it in 3 months...usual process time is 5 months.....

BTW,ppl........i dont think i am scheduled for tomorrow's oath........
however i have scheduled a infopass today,i am just hoping the mail got lost................... :eek:>> and they print me a new oath invitation

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky_Drow said:

The whole process is currently taking about 5 months in Newark (unless you get stuck with name check or duplicate A#), and yes the interview and oath take place on the same day. You receive the naturalization certificate at the oath ceremony.

I'm not sure about Texas but I don't think it'll be much shorter so I don't think you are really going to gain one way or the other being in Newark or in Dallas.

Sam

sam_c said:
The whole process is currently taking about 5 months in Newark (unless you get stuck with name check or duplicate A#), and yes the interview and oath take place on the same day. You receive the naturalization certificate at the oath ceremony.

I'm not sure about Texas but I don't think it'll be much shorter so I don't think you are really going to gain one way or the other being in Newark or in Dallas.

Sam

AGREE,but i would say the io's in texas are less burdened>> :)