Texas service center process time improving?

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this information below. It made me hopeful... But I'm not sure exactly which form or part of green card process they are talking about.....:confused: hope it's I-485. (Sorry I cannot post a URL yet because I'm a newbie here, but if you google the article name below, the first result that pops up is the one)

"Petitions for US worker green cards down sharply" ANABELLE GARAY/AP writer

Last edited by a moderator:

Balrog1978

Registered Users (C)
True the number of Green Cards filed this year have decreased Tremendously. But for those - especially in EB-2 and Eb-3 - whose Priority date is 2008 or 2009 still have to wait a long time depending on the vagaries of retrogression!! Sometimes PD gets retrogressed to 2001!!!

This might sound very selfish - but what I would REALLY like to know is - Are the 300,000 odd backlogs that keep PD between 2001-2005 instead of advancing, are being withdrawn as well due to recession? From where I stand - lesser number of new GreenCards being filed will make NO DIFFERENCE to getting the greencard faster for EB2 or EB3 - unless the 300000 odd backlogs are being reduced due to withdrawals due to layoffs/applicants returning to home country!!

anyone know any statistics on this?

Last edited by a moderator: