Texas Service Center - Mailing for N-400

APR

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my N-400 to the Texas center via USPS Express Mail. However, I did not check the check the 'Waiver of Signature'. Hence, when USPS tried to deliever it to the P.O Box and found no one, they left a note behind. Will the TSC folks collect the package from the post office? Any inputs are appreicated.

Thanks.

Phone # for TSC

Is there a phone number for TSC? This is regarding the N-400 application.

Hi APR,
I realise I am on the same boat. I have sent my N400 with signature confirmation and did not check waiver box. Now usps.com tracker says they have tried to deliver and left a note instead.
I have just called up USPS at (800) 275-8777. The friendly lady told me the post office will hold the package for upto 15 days before returning it to me. Not sure what is the best thing to do. Please keep us updated on what happens to your package.

Regards,

Spoke to USCIS

I called the USCIS 800 #, the lady told me she was not sure if the Texas Center folks would pick it up. I called the Post Office who told me it would be sent back after 5 business days if no one picked it up. In the worst case, i expect it to come back to me in a few days.

For me the USPS tried to deliver on Friday so if it is a real PO Box there would be nobody to sign for it. I need to give them at least one working day to pick it up before I go in to panic mode. In any case, if after 5 days the post office returns the package I will have a lesson learned and not ask for signature in the future.
By the way did you call the Mesquite post office or the USPS 1.800 number?

Regards,

I had made the same mistake and had expected the package to be returned to me after 5 business days. However, the following day, the online status indicated that my package had been delivered. It had been signed for by someone from the Texas Service Center.
So, no harm done - your application will get accepted. It will just be delayed by a day or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dougalted - My application was received on 10/31/05 and the check was cashed on 11/1/05. How about yours? What is your local INS center?

Hi APR,
Mine was also picked up on 31st. However, check has not been cashed yet, I hope it will be soon. My district office is San Antonio, is yours same?

Regards,

Mine is Atlanta. Hereafter, does the local INS or the TSC make a difference in terms of processing times?