TEst and Interview in Quebec

Faraon

Hi,

I have lived in Quebec for more than 3 years and then applied for citizenship about a year ago, but I left Canada right after because I had a job offer with an international company outside Canada and I have spent the last year outside Canada (never went back) while keeping a postal address in Montreal (quebec). I just received a letter to pass the test and I've been told that there is an interview right after the test.

My question is: once I pass the test, the officer in the interview is going to check my passport and see that I haven't been in Canada for the last year, is it going to be a problem ?

Please advise and thanks for your help,

I have lived in Quebec for more than 3 years and then applied for citizenship about a year ago, but I left Canada right after because I had a job offer with an international company outside Canada and I have spent the last year outside Canada (never went back) while keeping a postal address in Montreal (quebec). I just received a letter to pass the test and I've been told that there is an interview right after the test.

My question is: once I pass the test, the officer in the interview is going to check my passport and see that I haven't been in Canada for the last year, is it going to be a problem ?

If you have fulfilled the 3 years physical presence test at the time of signing the cdn citizenship form, you should be okay. The law does not state that you have to be in Canada till you get citizenship. All it says is that you should have preserved your cdn PR status at the time of your test. So if your PR is revoked upon your arrival in Canada, you cannot get the cdn citizenship.