Terrible transfer, anyone same experience?

windseeker

Registered Users (C)
My case is transfered to local Philadelphia office today(7/21/04). I just sent my REF to them on 7/08/04 about employement letter and tax return. During the preparation of REF, I knew I have to leave current job and move to another one in Illinois (I work in a university and my advisor is moving, so I follow him). So in the REF, my attorney included this inforamtion. I though everything should be fine, but never expected that the case is transfered. I will move to Illinois on 8/12/04, but now the case is transfered to Philadelphia. What I can do for this? Can I call local office and ask for an interview before I leave? Or I must fly back for the interview? I am so depressed by this. Anyone has the similar experiece? Please share it with me. Thank you!

windseeker said:
My case is transfered to local Philadelphia office today(7/21/04). I just sent my REF to them on 7/08/04 about employement letter and tax return. During the preparation of REF, I knew I have to leave current job and move to another one in Illinois (I work in a university and my advisor is moving, so I follow him). So in the REF, my attorney included this inforamtion. I though everything should be fine, but never expected that the case is transfered.
---- it is not a problem , many files get transfred to local office

I will move to Illinois on 8/12/04, but now the case is transfered to Philadelphia. What I can do for this? Can I call local office and ask for an interview before I leave?
------- your case got transfred on 7/21/04 and it will take 10-15 days to reach your file at Philadelphia,then Philadelphia will send you Interview date notice , your Interview date can take 3-4 months from the day the recieve the File, if you call them they are NOT going to Interview you earlier.

Or I must fly back for the interview?
----- I will do that becase If i inform Philadelphia to transfer your file to Illinois it will be delay of many more months and USCIS is expert in loosing files
I am so depressed by this.
----nothing to get depressed,.
*** remember the Interview Notice or if they need FP again the FP notice will come to your present address that is on I-485 and CC to your lawyer who filed I-485
Anyone has the similar experiece? Please share it with me. Thank you!

Thank you, ginnu. You mean, even if I move and I cannot get mail from current address, it should be ok since my attorney will get the interview or FP notice? In addition, do you know how long a person should wait for interview generally in Philly after the case get transfered? I saw from the website that Philly local is proessing cases with RD of May 2003, but actually many people wait 13 to 15 months. So I guess the posted date is Transfer date. I dig the posts of NSC, and found out that although Chicago local post date as RD 8/25/2002, but they are counting it as RD, not TD. So I feel it might be quick to tranfer case to Chicago.

gunnu, or other experts, do you have any idea about this? Thanks